Sprint's fall lineup includes Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, LG Optimus G smartphone on LTE
Pricing not announced
Computerworld - SAN DIEGO -- Sprint said on Tuesday that it will offer four new devices this fall for high-speed LTE networks, including the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1-in. tablet and the LG Optimus G smartphone. Pricing was not announced.
The Galaxy tablet runs the Android 4.0 mobile operating system, also known as Ice Cream Sandwich, and features a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, two cameras, including a 3-megapixel rear-facing camera, and a 7,000 mAh battery.
Sprint noted the devices will have on-device encryption and VPN access to ensure secure business uses.
The LG Optimus smartphone has a 4.7-in., 1280-x-768-pixel display and features a Snapdragon S 4 Pro quad-core processor as well as a 13-megapixel, rear-facing camera. It also has 32GB of internal memory and runs Ice Cream Sandwich. Sprint didn't indicate an upgrade path for either the tablet or the phone.
Sprint also announced that it will sell the LG Mach smartphone, which includes a physical qwerty keyboard and a 5-megapixel camera.
Finally, Sprint said it will offer the Sprint Plug-in Connect Tri-mode USB 2.0 device, which works like an Ethernet cable. The product, which can be plugged into any USB port on a laptop or other device, supports transitions between Sprint 3G CDMA, 4G LTE and WiMax networks .
Sprint said it currently has LTE networks in 24 cities and plans to introduce the service 100 additional cities in the "coming months."
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen, or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed. His email address is email@example.com.
Read more about Mobile/Wireless in Computerworld's Mobile/Wireless Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Separating Work and Personal at the Platform Level: How BlackBerry Balance Works BlackBerry® Balance™ separates work from personal on the same mobile device, right at a platform level. Find out how it can work for...
- Protection for Every Enterprise: How BlackBerry Security Works Get an IT-level review of BlackBerry® Security, addressing data leakage protection, certified encryption, containerization and much more.
- Future Focus: What's Coming in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Find out why Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions that are truly future-ready must be designed to enable Machine-to-Machine (M2M) capabilities and much more.
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Unmasking the Differences between Consumer and Enterprise File Sync & Share The consumerization of IT combined with the rapid pace of the modern mobile workplace is forcing enterprise IT teams to evaluate file sync...
- Live Webcast Workforce Mobilization for Improved Productivity A mobility research director from Aberdeen discusses reasons for extending legacy applications to mobile devices, and an integration strategist from Attachmate shows how...
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the...
- Containerization Options: How to Choose the Best DLP Solution for Your Organization This webcast outlines a framework for making the right choice when it comes to containerization approaches, along with the pros and cons of... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts