Sprint's fall lineup includes Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, LG Optimus G smartphone on LTE
Pricing not announced
Computerworld - SAN DIEGO -- Sprint said on Tuesday that it will offer four new devices this fall for high-speed LTE networks, including the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1-in. tablet and the LG Optimus G smartphone. Pricing was not announced.
The Galaxy tablet runs the Android 4.0 mobile operating system, also known as Ice Cream Sandwich, and features a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, two cameras, including a 3-megapixel rear-facing camera, and a 7,000 mAh battery.
Sprint noted the devices will have on-device encryption and VPN access to ensure secure business uses.
The LG Optimus smartphone has a 4.7-in., 1280-x-768-pixel display and features a Snapdragon S 4 Pro quad-core processor as well as a 13-megapixel, rear-facing camera. It also has 32GB of internal memory and runs Ice Cream Sandwich. Sprint didn't indicate an upgrade path for either the tablet or the phone.
Sprint also announced that it will sell the LG Mach smartphone, which includes a physical qwerty keyboard and a 5-megapixel camera.
Finally, Sprint said it will offer the Sprint Plug-in Connect Tri-mode USB 2.0 device, which works like an Ethernet cable. The product, which can be plugged into any USB port on a laptop or other device, supports transitions between Sprint 3G CDMA, 4G LTE and WiMax networks .
Sprint said it currently has LTE networks in 24 cities and plans to introduce the service 100 additional cities in the "coming months."
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen, or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Mobile/Wireless in Computerworld's Mobile/Wireless Topic Center.
- The Apple-ization of the Enterprise: Understanding IT's New World Read this paper for how to tackle Apple-ization (and the related consumerization of IT and Bring Your Own Device/BYOD).
- A Practical Introduction to Enterprise Mobility Management Read the white paper to better understand the basic concepts within mobility management and to learn how you can apply EMM technology to...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- Enterprise Endpoint Backup Checklist Read this checklist to learn how to create a back up strategy to quickly and easily protect your endpoint data.
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts