- Work with legal, human resources and other groups to understand regulatory and legal requirements and create policies and procedures that work for all constituencies: regulators, employees and customers.
- When in doubt about whether you're in compliance, take the conversation into another venue like email or the telephone.
- Educate anyone involved in social media in the company about your policies and the reasons those policies exist, and how they can best use the space while abiding with regulations.
- Like in non-regulated companies, develop a social media voice that's true to your brand, respond quickly to negative comments and give people lots of relevant and updated content as reasons to come back.
- Always disclose your employment status (title, department) when you comment or ask a question on social media.
Social media gains in regulated industries
Healthcare, financial services firms and others are getting social-media advantages, even while awash in rules. Here's how they do it.
- Patient Portals: A Platform for Connecting Communities of Care Connecting patient health data across the care continuum is essential to achieve improved care, increased access to personal health records and lowered costs.
- 3 Ways Clinicians Can Leverage a Patient Portal to Craft a Healthcare Community With a bevy of vendors offering patient portal solutions, it can be challenging for a hospital to know where to start. Fortunately, YourCareCommunity...
- Healthcare Firm Ramps Up for Claims Processing Spikes Huge increases in claims processing loads and stringent SLAs for Medicaid patients prompted Molina Healthcare to enhance their IT infrastructure with VCE.
- Why Projects Fail CIOs are expected to deliver more projects that transform business, and do so on time, on budget and with limited resources.
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All Healthcare IT White Papers | Webcasts