- Work with legal, human resources and other groups to understand regulatory and legal requirements and create policies and procedures that work for all constituencies: regulators, employees and customers.
- When in doubt about whether you're in compliance, take the conversation into another venue like email or the telephone.
- Educate anyone involved in social media in the company about your policies and the reasons those policies exist, and how they can best use the space while abiding with regulations.
- Like in non-regulated companies, develop a social media voice that's true to your brand, respond quickly to negative comments and give people lots of relevant and updated content as reasons to come back.
- Always disclose your employment status (title, department) when you comment or ask a question on social media.
Social media gains in regulated industries
Healthcare, financial services firms and others are getting social-media advantages, even while awash in rules. Here's how they do it.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
Changing the Way Government Works: Four Technology Trends that Drive Down Costs and Increase Productivity
This paper discusses four technology-based approaches to improving processes and increasing
productivity while driving down department and agency costs.
- Accelerating Speed to Market in the Highly Competitive Automotive Industry This White Paper discusses how an Enterprise Project Portfolio Management solution optimizes project analysis, management, reporting and risk mitigation processes to accelerate new...
- ERP in the Cloud and the Modern Business View IDC's White Paper, to review IDC CloudTrack Survey findings, gain expert insight into the challenges and opportunities the cloud presents, and determine...
- Financial Security: What smaller Institutions can learn from DDoS attacks on big banks Since last fall, several waves of distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks have targeted major players in the U.S. banking industry. JPMorgan Chase,...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All Financial IT White Papers | Webcasts