- Work with legal, human resources and other groups to understand regulatory and legal requirements and create policies and procedures that work for all constituencies: regulators, employees and customers.
- When in doubt about whether you're in compliance, take the conversation into another venue like email or the telephone.
- Educate anyone involved in social media in the company about your policies and the reasons those policies exist, and how they can best use the space while abiding with regulations.
- Like in non-regulated companies, develop a social media voice that's true to your brand, respond quickly to negative comments and give people lots of relevant and updated content as reasons to come back.
- Always disclose your employment status (title, department) when you comment or ask a question on social media.
Social media gains in regulated industries
Healthcare, financial services firms and others are getting social-media advantages, even while awash in rules. Here's how they do it.
- Jyske Bank extends brand message to more than one million visitors a month IBM WebSphere Portal software helps bank offer a clearly differentiated digital experience
- The Big Data Opportunity for HR and Finance If CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and CHROs want to drive their businesses forward, they will need to quickly recognize the enormous value of big...
- Improving IT Efficiencies: Four Advantages of Multi-Tenant Data Centers Increasing demands on IT are forcing organizations to rethink their data center options. For many organizations, that means turning to the flexibility afforded...
- Accelerating Cloud Deployment and Operations with Managed Services Companies that do not have sufficient in-house expertise to either deploy or maintain an IaaS cloud should turn to Managed Service Providers .
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All Financial IT White Papers | Webcasts