- Work with legal, human resources and other groups to understand regulatory and legal requirements and create policies and procedures that work for all constituencies: regulators, employees and customers.
- When in doubt about whether you're in compliance, take the conversation into another venue like email or the telephone.
- Educate anyone involved in social media in the company about your policies and the reasons those policies exist, and how they can best use the space while abiding with regulations.
- Like in non-regulated companies, develop a social media voice that's true to your brand, respond quickly to negative comments and give people lots of relevant and updated content as reasons to come back.
- Always disclose your employment status (title, department) when you comment or ask a question on social media.
Social media gains in regulated industries
Healthcare, financial services firms and others are getting social-media advantages, even while awash in rules. Here's how they do it.
- Shifting Gears: The Value of Customer-Driven Quality in Manufacturing In today's competitive manufacturing market, the customer must be the center of the quality universe. This paper details how manufacturers can improve customer...
- Unlocking the Promise of Demand Sensing and Shaping through Big Data Analytics Many organizations have limited insight into big data. These limitations have significant opportunity costs and can have a negative effect on identifying and...
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- AIIM SharePoint Industry Watch AIIM surveyed its 65,000 community members to look at how the enterprise is reacting to social aspects, why organizations are exploring social, who...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All Social Business White Papers | Webcasts