Apple CEO Cook remembers Steve Jobs
Cook writes that creating products that delight audiences is a "wonderful tribute to Steve's memory"
IDG News Service - Apple CEO Tim Cook remembered Steve Jobs in a short letter posted on the front page of the company's website Friday, saying the company will continue to create products that people love, much like the maverick technology icon who was considered a creative genius.
Jobs, Apple's co-founder, passed away a year ago after struggling with his health for several years. Jobs resigned from Apple in the mid-1980s, but returned a decade later to make the company enormously successful. Cook became CEO after Jobs stepped down from the role in August last year.
"Steve's passing one year ago today was a sad and difficult time for all of us," said Cook in the letter. "I hope that today everyone will reflect on his extraordinary life and the many ways he made the world a better place."
Apple was one of the "greatest gifts" that Jobs gave to the world, Cook wrote, adding that the company will continue to strive to deliver quality products. Some of Apple's top products to date include the iPhone, which revolutionized the smartphone industry, and the iPad, which created the tablet category. Both products were developed on Jobs' watch, and continue to sell well.
"I'm incredibly proud of the work we are doing, delivering products our customers love and dreaming up new ones that will delight them down the road. It's a wonderful tribute to Steve's memory and everything he stood for," Cook wrote.
- Review: Jobs the movie applies its own reality distortion field
- Apple CEO Cook remembers Steve Jobs
- 10 Apple moments in the year since Jobs' death
- Steve Jobs is missed, but Apple's stronger now than a year ago, analysts say
- FBI reveals 1991 probe of Steve Jobs
- Video: The Steve Jobs '95 interview, unabridged
- Video: Steve Jobs one-on-one, the '95 interview
- Steve Jobs bio debuts at No. 1 spot on bestseller lists
- Biographer: Jobs brilliant, prickly, eccentric
- Tech elite share Jobs tributes on Google+, Facebook
- Pivotal Melds Big Data and Platform-as-a-service The value of Information has increased, so has the business's thirst for more information. Access to data and collaboration are at the heart...
- Operationalizing the Buzz: Big Data 2013 The 2013 EMA/9sight Big Data research surveyed 259 business and technology stakeholders around the world.
- The Pivotal Big Data Suite- Reducing the Risks of Big Data The explosion of big data and the rapid evolution of big data tools and technologies is challenging IT to meet the demands of...
- The Principles of the Business Data Lake The Business Data Lake is a new approach to information management, analytics and reporting that better matches the culture of business and better...
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily...
- On Demand: Mastering the Art of Mobile Content Management Mobile device usage in the enterprise has skyrocketed, and it continues to escalate. IT must answer to users who demand access to their... All Macintosh White Papers | Webcasts