Apple CEO Cook remembers Steve Jobs
Cook writes that creating products that delight audiences is a "wonderful tribute to Steve's memory"
IDG News Service - Apple CEO Tim Cook remembered Steve Jobs in a short letter posted on the front page of the company's website Friday, saying the company will continue to create products that people love, much like the maverick technology icon who was considered a creative genius.
Jobs, Apple's co-founder, passed away a year ago after struggling with his health for several years. Jobs resigned from Apple in the mid-1980s, but returned a decade later to make the company enormously successful. Cook became CEO after Jobs stepped down from the role in August last year.
"Steve's passing one year ago today was a sad and difficult time for all of us," said Cook in the letter. "I hope that today everyone will reflect on his extraordinary life and the many ways he made the world a better place."
Apple was one of the "greatest gifts" that Jobs gave to the world, Cook wrote, adding that the company will continue to strive to deliver quality products. Some of Apple's top products to date include the iPhone, which revolutionized the smartphone industry, and the iPad, which created the tablet category. Both products were developed on Jobs' watch, and continue to sell well.
"I'm incredibly proud of the work we are doing, delivering products our customers love and dreaming up new ones that will delight them down the road. It's a wonderful tribute to Steve's memory and everything he stood for," Cook wrote.
- Review: Jobs the movie applies its own reality distortion field
- Apple CEO Cook remembers Steve Jobs
- 10 Apple moments in the year since Jobs' death
- Steve Jobs is missed, but Apple's stronger now than a year ago, analysts say
- FBI reveals 1991 probe of Steve Jobs
- Video: The Steve Jobs '95 interview, unabridged
- Video: Steve Jobs one-on-one, the '95 interview
- Steve Jobs bio debuts at No. 1 spot on bestseller lists
- Biographer: Jobs brilliant, prickly, eccentric
- Tech elite share Jobs tributes on Google+, Facebook
- API Playbook: Drive API Adoption Through Developer Engagement Learn the best practices of how to engage developers, whether your goal is to attract external developers to your public APIs or improve...
- Leverage the Power of APIs to Turbocharge Your Mobile Strategy: 7 Steps to a Successful API Program In this guide, Intel® Services-which offers industry-leading API management solutions for over 150 top enterprises, including Best Buy, Netflix, Expedia, ESPN, and The...
- Troubleshooting Common Issues in VoIP Learn more about Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), including common VoIP metrics used, best practices in VoIP management and tips and tricks for...
- IDG Research Survey: Are you Paying Too Much for Your NMS? Feel like you're paying too much for network monitoring? You're not alone. This survey brief summarizes findings from research recently fielded by IDG...
- API Management: The Key to Improving the Consumer Travel Experience Join PhoCusWright's Senior Technology Analyst, Norm Rose, as he shares his insights on how travel suppliers and intermediaries can improve industry data flow...
- Tips to Simplify Database Administration and Development Make your job easier while getting the most from the leading productivity tool for database professionals. Learn tips from Dell Software's Oracle® ACE,... All Macintosh White Papers | Webcasts