Apple CEO Cook remembers Steve Jobs
Cook writes that creating products that delight audiences is a "wonderful tribute to Steve's memory"
IDG News Service - Apple CEO Tim Cook remembered Steve Jobs in a short letter posted on the front page of the company's website Friday, saying the company will continue to create products that people love, much like the maverick technology icon who was considered a creative genius.
Jobs, Apple's co-founder, passed away a year ago after struggling with his health for several years. Jobs resigned from Apple in the mid-1980s, but returned a decade later to make the company enormously successful. Cook became CEO after Jobs stepped down from the role in August last year.
"Steve's passing one year ago today was a sad and difficult time for all of us," said Cook in the letter. "I hope that today everyone will reflect on his extraordinary life and the many ways he made the world a better place."
Apple was one of the "greatest gifts" that Jobs gave to the world, Cook wrote, adding that the company will continue to strive to deliver quality products. Some of Apple's top products to date include the iPhone, which revolutionized the smartphone industry, and the iPad, which created the tablet category. Both products were developed on Jobs' watch, and continue to sell well.
"I'm incredibly proud of the work we are doing, delivering products our customers love and dreaming up new ones that will delight them down the road. It's a wonderful tribute to Steve's memory and everything he stood for," Cook wrote.
- Review: Jobs the movie applies its own reality distortion field
- Apple CEO Cook remembers Steve Jobs
- 10 Apple moments in the year since Jobs' death
- Steve Jobs is missed, but Apple's stronger now than a year ago, analysts say
- FBI reveals 1991 probe of Steve Jobs
- Video: The Steve Jobs '95 interview, unabridged
- Video: Steve Jobs one-on-one, the '95 interview
- Steve Jobs bio debuts at No. 1 spot on bestseller lists
- Biographer: Jobs brilliant, prickly, eccentric
- Tech elite share Jobs tributes on Google+, Facebook
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All Macintosh White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!