Network World - So you received word that cloud is now a priority for your organization. The challenge is how do you get your team cloud-ready?
"The cloud is changing so rapidly there's no book you can buy to get up to speed," says Ross Lambert, software architect and development lead for electricity storage provider Demand Energy Networks.
Lambert faced the problem himself when his company decided to migrate applications to a virtual private cloud. Needing to quickly amass as much knowledge as possible, he signed up for free or low-cost accounts at numerous cloud-based service providers, including Amazon Web Services (AWS).A
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Datacenter eGuide Read on to learn what technologies are essential for high-performing data centers today, and to get a glimpse of what the data center...
- Vblock™ Specialized System for High Performance Databases Learn how Vblock™ Specialized Systems have been designed to deliver high performance in the millions of IOPS - with millisecond response times.
- Oracle EBS and RAC Performance & Elasticity on Vblock™ Systems VCE Vblock™ Systems provide simple, low-risk solutions for migrating from a physical to virtual environment.
- Backup and Recovery of Oracle EBS on VCE Vblock™ Systems This solution architecture describes the key features and benefits of backup and recovery in the virtualized Oracle EBS on Vblock Systems with EMC...
- Live Webcast How to serve up a Grand Slam with a scalable IT Infrastructure for cloud, big data and advanced analytics Register today to attend this webcast, and see examples of how The U.S. Tennis Association, Wimbledon and U.S. Golf Association are using the...
- Enhance Your Virtualization Infrastructure With IBM and Vmware Virtualization technology is now expanding beyond the server compute elements to encompass networking and storage aspects as well
- What are the desktop virtualization market trends and how can you successfully deploy your solution? You've probably heard about desktop virtualization -- and some of its benefits -- things like tighter security, streamlined management and lower costs. But... All Infrastructure Management White Papers | Webcasts