How CIOs Can Learn to Think Like Entrepreneurs
CIO - Pundits say one of the roles CIOs must play is entrepreneur. But what does it mean to be an entrepreneurial CIO?
To figure that out, the Society for Information Management's Advanced Practices Council invited a successful entrepreneur--Bryan Mistele, CEO and co-founder of Inrix--to a recent meeting. Seven years ago, Inrix was merely a dream. Today, it's a leading global provider of traffic information and services, helping drivers avoid major traffic delays. It has the largest traffic-information network in the world. Customers include Ford, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Volvo, Garmin and Apple.
Here's what CIOs can learn from Mistele's entrepreneurial work.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Aberdeen Group: Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer Insights There are no recalls for poor marketing. Manufacturers need to get their customer intelligence and messaging right the first time. Learn how.
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
Changing the Way Government Works: Four Technology Trends that Drive Down Costs and Increase Productivity
This paper discusses four technology-based approaches to improving processes and increasing
productivity while driving down department and agency costs.
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All IT Industry White Papers | Webcasts