Powerful HTC One X+ arriving at AT&T in 'coming months'
Windows Phone 8X also due to arrive in November over LTE
Computerworld - AT&T confirmed Thursday it will carry two HTC smartphones, the One X+ quad-core smartphone and the dual-core One VX "in the coming months." Pricing was not announced, however.
AT&T also confirmed it will have the Windows Phone 8X from HTC in November.
Earlier Thursday, the carrier announced it will carry the Nokia Lumia 920 exclusively and the Lumia 820. Both are also Windows Phone 8 devices, and will be available in November, as part of AT&T's holiday lineup. No pricing was announced for any of the Windows Phones.
All three of the HTC smartphones, and the two from Nokia, will run over AT&T's 4G LTE network, which is expected to reach 100 cities by year's end.
HTC unveiled the One X+ on Tuesday, noting its 1.7 GHz quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 AP37 processor and 64 GB of integrated storage. Nvidia said it will be the first time its quad-core processor has been used in an LTE phone, which provides faster speeds for downloads, interactive gaming and video chat. It has a 4.7-in. HD display, and an 8 megapixel camera. It will run the Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) mobile operating system.
Less is known about HTC's One VX, called an "affordable" Android Ice Cream Sandwich device from HTC. It runs a 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S 4 processor and has a 4.5-in. display. Its case also has more rounded corners than the One X+.
HTC said the One VX is planned to be upgraded to Jelly Bean.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed. His email address is email@example.com.
Read more about Smartphones in Computerworld's Smartphones Topic Center.
- Why Projects Fail CIOs are expected to deliver more projects that transform business, and do so on time, on budget and with limited resources.
- The New Business Case for Video Conferencing: 7 Real-World Benefits Beyond Cost-Savings This whitepaper provides insight into the value of video conferencing in today's business environment, and how organizations are using visual collaboration to find...
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Client Management Tools The client management tool market is maturing and evolving to adapt to consumerization, desktop virtualization, and an ongoing need to improve efficiency.
- Audit Ready and Asset Optimized: The Solid Promise of an Intelligent Software Asset Management Solution In this paper Frost & Sullivan examines the benefits of enterprise-grade Software Asset Management solutions, and how these solutions serve as the convergence...
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All Smartphones White Papers | Webcasts