Powerful HTC One X+ arriving at AT&T in 'coming months'
Windows Phone 8X also due to arrive in November over LTE
Computerworld - AT&T confirmed Thursday it will carry two HTC smartphones, the One X+ quad-core smartphone and the dual-core One VX "in the coming months." Pricing was not announced, however.
AT&T also confirmed it will have the Windows Phone 8X from HTC in November.
Earlier Thursday, the carrier announced it will carry the Nokia Lumia 920 exclusively and the Lumia 820. Both are also Windows Phone 8 devices, and will be available in November, as part of AT&T's holiday lineup. No pricing was announced for any of the Windows Phones.
All three of the HTC smartphones, and the two from Nokia, will run over AT&T's 4G LTE network, which is expected to reach 100 cities by year's end.
HTC unveiled the One X+ on Tuesday, noting its 1.7 GHz quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 AP37 processor and 64 GB of integrated storage. Nvidia said it will be the first time its quad-core processor has been used in an LTE phone, which provides faster speeds for downloads, interactive gaming and video chat. It has a 4.7-in. HD display, and an 8 megapixel camera. It will run the Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) mobile operating system.
Less is known about HTC's One VX, called an "affordable" Android Ice Cream Sandwich device from HTC. It runs a 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S 4 processor and has a 4.5-in. display. Its case also has more rounded corners than the One X+.
HTC said the One VX is planned to be upgraded to Jelly Bean.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed. His email address is email@example.com.
Read more about Smartphones in Computerworld's Smartphones Topic Center.
- Tips for Driving User Adoption in New Technology Deployment Read this checklist on tips for driving user adoption to see where you stand.
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- Software Asset Management: Ensuring Today's Assets Today's trends like BYOD and SaaS are new and exciting in terms of how they will help make our jobs more productive but...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All Smartphones White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!