T-Mobile USA agrees to buy MetroPCS
T-Mobile USA will pay MetroPCS shareholders $1.5 billion in cash, and a 26 percent stake in the combined company
IDG News Service - Deutsche Telekom's T-Mobile USA and MetroPCS Communications have signed an agreement to merge in a deal that will see MetroPCS shareholders receive US$1.5 billion in cash and 26 percent of the new company.
The combined company will retain the T-Mobile name, and will be able to compete better with the other national U.S. wireless carriers thanks to expanded scale, more spectrum and financial resources, the two operators said in a statement.
Deutsche Telekom's supervisory board and MetroPCS's board of directors unanimously approved the transaction.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Breaking BlackBerry: Your transition plan in 10 easy steps The move from BlackBerry should be a methodical approach that turns off the BES lights in a phased and methodical manner as you...
- Intelligent Imaging for Improved Banking Performance and Profitability A new generation of "Intelligent Imaging" solutions has emerged that is helping banks remove the burden of paper in legacy processes, like loan...
Oracle Software Licensing: The Value of Resellers
NEW white paper explores real-world insights and:
* The Rise of Audits
* Compliance Spend
* SAM and Compliance
* Working Directly with a...
- ACM Leadership Guide Knowledge worker effectiveness has emerged as a top priority to both optimize the customer experience and help employees work more efficiently. See how...
- Cloud BI in Action: Recorded Webinar of Customer, Kony, Inc. See how Kony, Inc., a leading enterprise mobility company, is using TIBCO Jaspersoft for Amazon Web Services and Redshift to achieve embedded analytics...
- Cloud BI Overview: Jaspersoft for AWS Check out this overview of Jaspersoft for AWS, to easily and affordably build business intelligence solutions as well as embed visualizations and analytics... All Wireless Carriers White Papers | Webcasts