Samsung Galaxy Note 2 coming to U.S. Oct. 24?
An event invitation to reporters says the company will celebrate "The Next Big Thing"
IDG News Service - Samsung on Thursday afternoon sent out press invitations proclaiming that "the next big thing is here" and told reporters to save the date of Oct. 24 for an event in New York.
Samsung Mobile, which sent the invitations, did not provide any details about the event other than to say it will celebrate "The Next Big Thing," but it is likely that the honored guest at the fete will be the company's smartphone-tablet hybrid, Galaxy Note 2, which has a 5.5-inch screen.
The device was released in South Korea on Wednesday, and the company said the device will be rolled out in 128 countries through 260 carriers, reaching the U.K. in early October and the U.S. later that month.
The Galaxy Note 2 follows the highly successful Galaxy Note, which was launched in February with a 5.3-inch screen. The Galaxy Note 2 can display images at a resolution of 1280-by-720 pixels. The device that shipped earlier this week had a 1.6GHz quad-core Exynos processor, which is made by Samsung.
The smartphone and tablet-hybrid offers 16 hours of talk time and storage of 32GB or 64GB. The 32GB model was priced at US$970 and the 64GB version is around $1,026.
Samsung has sold about 12 million Galaxy Note devices to date, according to Strategy Analytics. The device has created a possible market for what observers call a "phablet," a term that combines phone and tablet. Another device called phablet is Asustek's Padfone.
- Workload Change: The 70 Percent of Your Business DevOps Forgot Adding WLA early in the development process ensures that the benefits of DevOps accrue for all applications, including your batch services. This paper...
- Oracle EBS and RAC Performance & Elasticity on Vblock™ Systems VCE Vblock™ Systems provide simple, low-risk solutions for migrating from a physical to virtual environment.
- Backup and Recovery of Oracle EBS on VCE Vblock™ Systems This solution architecture describes the key features and benefits of backup and recovery in the virtualized Oracle EBS on Vblock Systems with EMC...
- Zero Downtime Migration for Oracle EBS R12 with RAC on Vblock™ Systems The validation testing of a typical customer configuration outlined in this white paper, utilizes a virtualized Oracle EBS environment. The results illustrate that...
- Building Tomorrow's Data Center with Converged Technologies A number of forces are converging: the cloud, converged infrastructure, big data and fabric architectures to name a few.
- Responding to New SSL Cybersecurity Threat The featured Gartner research examines current strategies to address new SSL cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities. All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!