Touchscreen LTE-ready mobile hotspot to be offered by AT&T
Novatel's MiFi Liberate device is first mobile hotspot with touchscreen and will be sold exclusively by A&T
Computerworld - AT&T will exclusively offer the first touchscreen-enabled mobile hotspot, the new MiFi Liberate, for use with its emerging LTE network, the carrier announced Thursday.
Made by Novatel Wireless, the MiFi Liberate device comes with a 2.8-in. color touchscreen display. It is 3.94 in. x 2.88 in. x 0.34 in. in size and weighs 3.88 ounces. Touch commands help users connect to up to 10 Wi-Fi devices, view data usage and change network and device settings.
The device can be used on AT&T's LTE network, now in more than 70 cities, as well as its much more broadly available HSPA+ and 3G networks, a spokeswoman said.
The device also allows wireless connections in 200 different countries.
AT&T didn't release the price or when it will be available, and a spokeswoman said it will go on sale in "the coming months."
Other MiFi Liberate specs were not available.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen, or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed . His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Wireless Networking in Computerworld's Wireless Networking Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Next Wave in Wireless Emerging 802.11ac standard promises a significant boost in performance to support ubiquitous mobility.
- Case Study: Murphy USA Gains Application Visibility Without Agents Murphy USA has more than 700 stores that share a 10Mbps VSAT link. So when something goes wrong with their applications, it's the...
- 25 Business Phone Service Features Your Business Can't Do Without How many features does your business really need in a phone system? Which are worth paying for, and which are over-hyped? Learn how...
- The Great Video Conferencing Debate: Cost Vs. Quality With new video conferencing solutions available for small and medium businesses, it is possible to have a higher standard of video conferencing without...
On-Demand Webcast: 7 Reasons to Choose VoIP
Thinking about a new phone system for your business?
Be sure to watch this informative webcast. Steve Strauss, small business columnist for USA...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All Wireless Networking White Papers | Webcasts