Touchscreen LTE-ready mobile hotspot to be offered by AT&T
Novatel's MiFi Liberate device is first mobile hotspot with touchscreen and will be sold exclusively by A&T
Computerworld - AT&T will exclusively offer the first touchscreen-enabled mobile hotspot, the new MiFi Liberate, for use with its emerging LTE network, the carrier announced Thursday.
Made by Novatel Wireless, the MiFi Liberate device comes with a 2.8-in. color touchscreen display. It is 3.94 in. x 2.88 in. x 0.34 in. in size and weighs 3.88 ounces. Touch commands help users connect to up to 10 Wi-Fi devices, view data usage and change network and device settings.
The device can be used on AT&T's LTE network, now in more than 70 cities, as well as its much more broadly available HSPA+ and 3G networks, a spokeswoman said.
The device also allows wireless connections in 200 different countries.
AT&T didn't release the price or when it will be available, and a spokeswoman said it will go on sale in "the coming months."
Other MiFi Liberate specs were not available.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen, or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed . His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Wireless Networking in Computerworld's Wireless Networking Topic Center.
- 802.11ac Non-Disruptive Migration Strategies Emerging 802.11ac standard promises a significant boost in performance to support ubiquitous mobility.
- City Solved Network Mystery - Saves $30K The City of Jacksonville put their hunch to work and not only solved a mystery, but found a new and innovative use for...
- Making it work: Using Cisco and Microsoft Lync to Drive Collaboration Microsoft Lync is posting impressive adoption rates. As a Cisco Premier Partner and a company that has deployed Microsoft Lync to its own...
- Using Video to Gain a Competitive Advantage: A Business Strategy for Mid-Market Companies The insights provided in this white paper are based on industry analysts and 30+ years of experience from the Video Collaboration Group at...
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer...
- Charting Your Analytical Future - "Making predictive analytics part of your business processes" Webinar This session will show how predictive analytics can be used throughout the organization by anyone looking for answers and how organizations can make... All Wireless Networking White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!