Chrome browser gets tuned for gaming
IDG News Service - Google on Tuesday released a Chrome upgrade that improves how the browser renders 3D applications, including mouse-controlled games.
"Now, 3D applications such as first-person games can allow users to control their perspective naturally with the mouse, without moving outside the window or bumping into the edge of their screen," wrote Vincent Scheib, a Google software engineer.
In addition to games, the enhancement will also make the browser better for scientific visualization, training, simulation and modeling applications, according to Scheib.
The Chrome upgrade, version 22, also includes Windows 8 enhancements and further fine-tuning for users of Apple computers with Retina displays.
Chrome 22 also includes fixes for more than 20 security holes, including one rated "critical" and several classified as "high" importance.
Google paid $5,000 to those who reported the critical vulnerability, described as a Windows kernel memory corruption. The company also paid $15,000 to the man who reported two of the high-rated security problems, both related to universal cross-site scripting (UXSS) vulnerabilities.
Juan Carlos Perez covers enterprise communication/collaboration suites, operating systems, browsers and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Follow Juan on Twitter at @JuanCPerezIDG.
- Capabilities You Need in an IP Address Management Solution A mismanaged IP space can cripple an otherwise healthy network. Take a moment to understand what you need in an enterprise-ready IPAM solution.
- IPv6 Fundamentals IPv6 is needed to sustain the growth of the Internet. The transition from IPv4 will require planning and likely some degree of support...
- 3G/4G Digital Signage Guide Today, the widespread availability of 3G and 4G cellular or wireless broadband networks enables digital signage to be deployed virtually anywhere.
- Enterprises in Motion: In-Vehicle Networks In a world where traditional tethers to the central office have all but vanished, enterprises that operate vehicle fleets require constant and dependable...
- Cloud BI in Action: Recorded Webinar of Customer, Kony, Inc. See how Kony, Inc., a leading enterprise mobility company, is using TIBCO Jaspersoft for Amazon Web Services and Redshift to achieve embedded analytics...
- Cloud BI Overview: Jaspersoft for AWS Check out this overview of Jaspersoft for AWS, to easily and affordably build business intelligence solutions as well as embed visualizations and analytics... All Internet White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!