Chrome browser gets tuned for gaming
IDG News Service - Google on Tuesday released a Chrome upgrade that improves how the browser renders 3D applications, including mouse-controlled games.
"Now, 3D applications such as first-person games can allow users to control their perspective naturally with the mouse, without moving outside the window or bumping into the edge of their screen," wrote Vincent Scheib, a Google software engineer.
In addition to games, the enhancement will also make the browser better for scientific visualization, training, simulation and modeling applications, according to Scheib.
The Chrome upgrade, version 22, also includes Windows 8 enhancements and further fine-tuning for users of Apple computers with Retina displays.
Chrome 22 also includes fixes for more than 20 security holes, including one rated "critical" and several classified as "high" importance.
Google paid $5,000 to those who reported the critical vulnerability, described as a Windows kernel memory corruption. The company also paid $15,000 to the man who reported two of the high-rated security problems, both related to universal cross-site scripting (UXSS) vulnerabilities.
Juan Carlos Perez covers enterprise communication/collaboration suites, operating systems, browsers and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Follow Juan on Twitter at @JuanCPerezIDG.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- IDC Report: The Future of eMail is Social This paper discusses the changing nature of collaboration and work fueled by the social Web by examining current email trends and the emergence...
- The Business of Social Business Social business represents a significant transformational opportunity for organizations. Read this whitepaper to learn more.
- Six Ways Your Small Business Can Save with Internet Phone Service Traditional phone systems present two main problems for businesses: limited features and high costs. As a result, small businesses are migrating to Internet...
Red Hat Enterprise Linux - The Original Cloud Operating System
Linux adoption is growing against a number of measures, such as the
number of supercomputers that run Linux and the size of the contributing...
- Supercharge Your Web and Mobile App Development with High-Productivity Hybrid Cloud Webinar: Hear from industry experts about the amazing power at the intersection of next-generation web and mobile application development and cloud platforms.
- Webinar: Building a Big Data solution that's production-ready Big data solutions are no longer just a nice-to-have. All Internet White Papers | Webcasts