IBM CEO Virginia Rometty elected chairman
Rometty will succeed former IBM CEO Sam Palmisano, who is stepping down from the company's board
IDG News Service - IBM announced on Tuesday that its president and CEO, Virginia Rometty, would become chairman starting Oct. 1.
Rometty was voted into the post by the board of directors. As chairman, she will succeed the company's former CEO, Sam Palmisano, who is stepping down from the board.
Rometty was named Palmisano's successor as CEO last October and went on the job in January. She is IBM's ninth CEO and joined the company in 1981. She held top positions in IBM's sales and services units before being appointed to the top management job.
Rometty is already on the company's board of directors. IBM will have 13 directors on the board after Palmisano steps down.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Client Management Tools The client management tool market is maturing and evolving to adapt to consumerization, desktop virtualization, and an ongoing need to improve efficiency.
- Audit Ready and Asset Optimized: The Solid Promise of an Intelligent Software Asset Management Solution In this paper Frost & Sullivan examines the benefits of enterprise-grade Software Asset Management solutions, and how these solutions serve as the convergence...
- Pragmatic Endpoint Management: Empowering an SMB Workforce in the Age of Mobility Lacking the time for proper training and education, SMB administrators often resort to taking shortcuts to keep their environment running.This paper discusses the...
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security The market for application security testing is changing rapidly. Technology trends, such as mobile applications, advanced Web applications and dynamic languages, are forcing...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts