IBM CEO Virginia Rometty elected chairman
Rometty will succeed former IBM CEO Sam Palmisano, who is stepping down from the company's board
IDG News Service - IBM announced on Tuesday that its president and CEO, Virginia Rometty, would become chairman starting Oct. 1.
Rometty was voted into the post by the board of directors. As chairman, she will succeed the company's former CEO, Sam Palmisano, who is stepping down from the board.
Rometty was named Palmisano's successor as CEO last October and went on the job in January. She is IBM's ninth CEO and joined the company in 1981. She held top positions in IBM's sales and services units before being appointed to the top management job.
Rometty is already on the company's board of directors. IBM will have 13 directors on the board after Palmisano steps down.
- 2014 IT Workplace Trends and Salary Guide Staying competitive in the IT market can be challenging. This guide provides you with insight into variety of IT workplace trends including, U.S....
- Big Data, Big Mess: Sound Risk Intelligence Through Complete Context This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- Using Cyber Insurance and Cybercrime Data to Limit Your Business Risk This paper examines the challenges of understanding cyber risks, the importance of having the right cyber risk intelligence, and how to use this...
- 5 Tips to Secure Small Business Backdoors in the Enterprise Supply Chain This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts
Our 28th annual survey results show which IT skills are in high demand and which are cooling off. Also, see how your salary stacks up to peers' with our Smart Salary Tool.