The header photo is different from your Twitter profile picture, which appears inline when you send a tweet. Your profile picture is an icon; the header photo is a background image.
Once you upload a header photo, that image is visible to others accessing your Twitter page via iPad, iPhone or Android apps as well as via Twitter.com.
To upload a header photo to your Twitter page, navigate to the gear icon in the top-right of your Twitter.com page and select "Edit profile."
Then, from the menu on the left, click "Design" and scroll to the bottom. Under "Customize your own," you'll notice that your header defaults to a gray box. Here, you can upload your own image, but be sure that the minimum dimensions are 1252x626 and that it has a file size smaller than 5MB.
Your changes will appear instantly, but they're not saved until you click "Save changes."
In addition to the new profiles, photo streams now appear below your most recent tweets on iPhone, Android and iPad apps. To view them, swipe through the stream and tap the thumbnail to view them in full-screen.
Kristin Burnham covers consumer technology, social networking and enterprise collaboration for CIO.com. Follow Kristin on Twitter @kmburnham. Follow everything from CIO.com on Twitter @CIOonline and on Facebook. Email Kristin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about consumer in CIO's Consumer Drilldown.
- Capabilities You Need in an IP Address Management Solution A mismanaged IP space can cripple an otherwise healthy network. Take a moment to understand what you need in an enterprise-ready IPAM solution.
- IPv6 Fundamentals IPv6 is needed to sustain the growth of the Internet. The transition from IPv4 will require planning and likely some degree of support...
- 3G/4G Digital Signage Guide Today, the widespread availability of 3G and 4G cellular or wireless broadband networks enables digital signage to be deployed virtually anywhere.
- Enterprises in Motion: In-Vehicle Networks In a world where traditional tethers to the central office have all but vanished, enterprises that operate vehicle fleets require constant and dependable...
- API Management: The Key to Improving the Consumer Travel Experience Join PhoCusWright's Senior Technology Analyst, Norm Rose, as he shares his insights on how travel suppliers and intermediaries can improve industry data flow...
- Tips to Simplify Database Administration and Development Make your job easier while getting the most from the leading productivity tool for database professionals. Learn tips from Dell Software's Oracle® ACE,... All Internet White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!