The header photo is different from your Twitter profile picture, which appears inline when you send a tweet. Your profile picture is an icon; the header photo is a background image.
Once you upload a header photo, that image is visible to others accessing your Twitter page via iPad, iPhone or Android apps as well as via Twitter.com.
To upload a header photo to your Twitter page, navigate to the gear icon in the top-right of your Twitter.com page and select "Edit profile."
Then, from the menu on the left, click "Design" and scroll to the bottom. Under "Customize your own," you'll notice that your header defaults to a gray box. Here, you can upload your own image, but be sure that the minimum dimensions are 1252x626 and that it has a file size smaller than 5MB.
Your changes will appear instantly, but they're not saved until you click "Save changes."
In addition to the new profiles, photo streams now appear below your most recent tweets on iPhone, Android and iPad apps. To view them, swipe through the stream and tap the thumbnail to view them in full-screen.
Kristin Burnham covers consumer technology, social networking and enterprise collaboration for CIO.com. Follow Kristin on Twitter @kmburnham. Follow everything from CIO.com on Twitter @CIOonline and on Facebook. Email Kristin at email@example.com
Read more about consumer in CIO's Consumer Drilldown.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- Increase IT Performance from the Enterprise to the Cloud with WAN Optimization Massive consolidation and data mobility, enabled by virtualization, have radically altered how we build servers, design applications, and deploy storage for the emerging...
- Live Webcast
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Video Stream Quality Impacts Viewer Behavior This scientific white paper, using statistical data from Amakai's streaming network, analyzes how changes in video quality cause changes in viewer behavior.
- Service-Enabling CICS Applications: Best Practices This informative webcast provides an informed, thorough look into CICS service-enablement options and how they can affect your environment. You'll learn how to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts