The header photo is different from your Twitter profile picture, which appears inline when you send a tweet. Your profile picture is an icon; the header photo is a background image.
Once you upload a header photo, that image is visible to others accessing your Twitter page via iPad, iPhone or Android apps as well as via Twitter.com.
To upload a header photo to your Twitter page, navigate to the gear icon in the top-right of your Twitter.com page and select "Edit profile."
Then, from the menu on the left, click "Design" and scroll to the bottom. Under "Customize your own," you'll notice that your header defaults to a gray box. Here, you can upload your own image, but be sure that the minimum dimensions are 1252x626 and that it has a file size smaller than 5MB.
Your changes will appear instantly, but they're not saved until you click "Save changes."
In addition to the new profiles, photo streams now appear below your most recent tweets on iPhone, Android and iPad apps. To view them, swipe through the stream and tap the thumbnail to view them in full-screen.
Kristin Burnham covers consumer technology, social networking and enterprise collaboration for CIO.com. Follow Kristin on Twitter @kmburnham. Follow everything from CIO.com on Twitter @CIOonline and on Facebook. Email Kristin at email@example.com
Read more about consumer in CIO's Consumer Drilldown.
- How Four Citrix Customers Solved the Enterprise Mobility Challenge Managing mobile devices, data and all types of apps-Windows, datacenter, web and native mobile- through a single solution.
- 8 Steps to Fill the Mobile Enterprise Application Gap Traveling executives and Millennials alike expect to communicate, collaborate and access their important work applications and data from anywhere on whatever device they...
- Seattle Children's Accelerates Citrix Login Times by 500% with Cross-Tier Insight Seattle Children's is a leading research hospital with a large and growing Citrix XenDesktop deployment. With ExtraHop, the IT team at Seattle Children's...
- McKesson Makes Application Hosting for Hospitals Faster, More Efficient With ExtraHop, McKesson identified the root cause of slow Citrix XenApp application launches and adopted a more intelligent, proactive IT operations model that...
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Responding to New SSL Cybersecurity Threat The featured Gartner research examines current strategies to address new SSL cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities. All Applications White Papers | Webcasts