CIO - Using a little-known tech supplier can produce big benefits, but it requires doing your homework
1. What is your source of operating capital, and how long can you operate at current revenue levels?
2. Who are your advisers?
3. Do you have a product in production?
4. Who are your key employees, and how will you retain them?
5. What aspect of your product cannot easily be reproduced by competitors?
6. What percentage of your users are paying customers?
7. What is your product road map, and how often has it changed?
8. How much are you spending on security and compliance?
9. How many recurring contracts do you have (versus month-to-month subscriptions)?
10. What is your exit strategy?
For much more on this topic, see " The Risks and Rewards of Using Startups."
Read more about innovation in CIO's Innovation Drilldown.
- 2014 IT Workplace Trends and Salary Guide Staying competitive in the IT market can be challenging. This guide provides you with insight into variety of IT workplace trends including, U.S....
- Enable secure remote access to 3D data without sacrificing visual perfomance Design and manufacturing companies must adapt quickly to the demands of an increasingly global and competitive economy. To speed time to market for...
- The Truth About Virtual Computing for CAD If you're a user of graphics-intensive software such as 3D modeling, simulation and analysis, and visualization, you might be skeptical about moving to...
- Virtually Delivered High Performance 3D Graphics "A picture is worth a thousand words." That old phrase is as true today as it ever was. Pictures (i.e., those with heavy...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts
Our 28th annual survey results show which IT skills are in high demand and which are cooling off. Also, see how your salary stacks up to peers' with our Smart Salary Tool.