7 reasons the FTC could audit your privacy program
Getting investigated by the government for the first time can put a chill through a company. Saverice-Rohan recommends against letting a defensive posture take root.
"Be cooperative and maintain a positive dialogue upon completion of the investigation," she told me.
"When appropriate, engage with the commission and their staff prior to making material changes to your business model or privacy practices that you think may spur scrutiny."
This is advice you can take to the data bank.
More by Jay Cline
- Jay Cline: U.S. takes the gold in doling out privacy fines
- Jay Cline: Is privacy dead?
- Jay Cline: A growing cultural divide on privacy
- Jay Cline: What will Snowden leak next?
- Global winners and losers post-Snowden
- 7 reasons the FTC could audit your privacy program
- Google and the privacy Richter scale
- Jay Cline: Are medical-data breaches overreported?
- iPhone location-tracking incident boosts stock of 'privacy by design'
- Survey: The best privacy advisers of 2010
Read more about Privacy in Computerworld's Privacy Topic Center.
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- Software Asset Management: Ensuring Today's Assets Today's trends like BYOD and SaaS are new and exciting in terms of how they will help make our jobs more productive but...
- Trends Shaping Software Management: 2014 Most IT executives recognize the relationship between mobile computing and worker productivity, and have long issued notebook computers and other mobile devices to...
- Data Protection and Disaster Recovery with iSCSI and VMware Get this on demand webcast now
- IBM FlashSystem V840: Leveraging Software-Defined Flash to Drive Your Business With end-to-end, tightly integrated functionality and super-fast flash technology, products like IBM FlashSystem V840 Enterprise Performance Solution empower businesses to leverage the efficiency... All Privacy White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!