7 reasons the FTC could audit your privacy program
Getting investigated by the government for the first time can put a chill through a company. Saverice-Rohan recommends against letting a defensive posture take root.
"Be cooperative and maintain a positive dialogue upon completion of the investigation," she told me.
"When appropriate, engage with the commission and their staff prior to making material changes to your business model or privacy practices that you think may spur scrutiny."
This is advice you can take to the data bank.
More by Jay Cline
- Jay Cline: U.S. takes the gold in doling out privacy fines
- Jay Cline: Is privacy dead?
- Jay Cline: A growing cultural divide on privacy
- Jay Cline: What will Snowden leak next?
- Global winners and losers post-Snowden
- 7 reasons the FTC could audit your privacy program
- Google and the privacy Richter scale
- Jay Cline: Are medical-data breaches overreported?
- iPhone location-tracking incident boosts stock of 'privacy by design'
- Survey: The best privacy advisers of 2010
Read more about Privacy in Computerworld's Privacy Topic Center.
- Combating Identity Theft in a Mobile, Social World Offering identity theft protection and remediation allows businesses to give their workforce the confidence to efficiently engage while bringing financial reward to the...
- After a Breach: Managing Identity Theft Effectively This white paper from LifeLock Business Solutions notes that FIs in addition to managing fraud should strive to turn a negative event for...
- Combating Identity Fraud in a Virtual World This slide presentation reveals findings from the Javelin Strategy & Research 2012 Identity Fraud Report about mobile and social trends, the real risks...
- 3G/4G Digital Signage Guide Today, the widespread availability of 3G and 4G cellular or wireless broadband networks enables digital signage to be deployed virtually anywhere.
- Data Protection and Disaster Recovery with iSCSI and VMware Get this on demand webcast now
- Business-driven data protection Setting up data protection infrastructures with your organizations' core mission or business in mind is key. In this webinar, the ARCserve team will... All Privacy White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!