Google packs more of Postini into Google Apps
The plan is to eventually have all Postini functionality be native to Google Apps
IDG News Service - Google Apps will soon gain an email routing and filtering feature from Google's Postini suite of email security services, part of an effort to eventually replicate all Postini functionality in Google Apps.
This latest feature will allow Apps customers to define routing rules for email messages sent to general, departmental inboxes, like those for sales and technical support, so that the appropriate individuals are alerted.
It's the latest Postini feature to become native functionality in Apps, the cloud-based email and collaboration suite for companies, schools and government agencies.
"As we look ahead to 2013, we'll continue these feature integrations and gradually transition Postini Google Message Security (GMS) and Google Message Discovery (GMD) customers to Google Apps. This will enable them to take advantage of the Postini features built directly into Google Apps that are more flexible, powerful and user-friendly," said Adam Dawes, an Apps product manager, in a blog post.
Google will offer more details about the Postini transition in the coming months, along with "tools and resources" to aid customers, according to Dawes.
Juan Carlos Perez covers enterprise communication/collaboration suites, operating systems, browsers and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Follow Juan on Twitter at @JuanCPerezIDG.
- How Network Connections Drive Web Application Performance Users around the globe, on all sorts of devices, expect Web applications to function as seamlessly as desktop applications. This paper discusses the...
- Top 3 Myths about Big Data Security : Debunking common misconceptions about big data security Big data represents massive business possibilities and competitive advantage for organizations that are able to harness and use that information. But how are...
- Magic Quadrant for Data Masking Technology IBM is a leader in Gartner Inc's Magic Quadrant for Data Masking Technology. Read the full report to learn about IBM.
- Best Practices for Securing Hadoop Historically, Apache Hadoop has provided limited security capabilities. To protect sensitive data being stored and analyzed in Hadoop, security architects should use a...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer... All Web Apps White Papers | Webcasts