Infosys whistleblower case delayed a month
U.S. District Court Judge cites scheduling issues
Computerworld - A case that pits a whistleblowing employee against offshore outsourcing giant Infosys will be delayed until next month, a judge ordered on Wednesday.
The trial, which was scheduled to begin Monday, is the result of a lawsuit by Jay Palmer, who said he was harassed and penalized after refusing to help the company get B-1 visitor visas for jobs that required an H-1B work visa.
The case is being heard in Montgomery, Ala., Palmer's home state, in U.S. District Court before Judge Myron Thompson.
In his order, Thompson said he needed more time to resolve a pending summary-judgment motion after the two parties failed to reach any agreement in mediation. The judge also said he needed time to resolve some other cases, which may take several weeks.
Kenneth Mendelsohn, the attorney representing Palmer in the case, said he didn't read much into the order, other than it was just continued.
Palmer's lawsuit led to an investigation by federal authorities into the company's visa use practices. The investigation is ongoing.
Patrick Thibodeau covers cloud computing and enterprise applications, outsourcing, government IT policies, data centers and IT workforce issues for Computerworld. Follow Patrick on Twitter at @DCgov or subscribe to Patrick's RSS feed . His e-mail address is email@example.com.
Read more about IT Outsourcing in Computerworld's IT Outsourcing Topic Center.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Acxiom Case Study This case study, which focuses on Acxiom, explores how the company was able to secure employee data, reduce migration costs and boost productivity...
- Windows® XP Migration: Protect and Secure Critical Data With the end of the Microsoft Windows XP operating system's lifecycle on April 8, 2014, businesses are faced with the decision to migrate...
- Exponentially Accelerate Data Protection and Recovery with Simpana 10 IntelliSnap® Snapshot Management Technology Are you making the best use of your storage array snapshot functionality? CommVault Simpana 10 IntelliSnap technology manages hardware-based snapshots across multiple vendor...
- Simpana IntelliSnap Technology Datasheet With IntelliSnap you can maximize the value of your snapshot technology while dramatically reducing management overhead and complexity.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- Building Tomorrow's Infrastructure Listen to this podcast to discover how Crider Foods worked with PC Connection to update their IT infrastructure, while maintaining compliance and control. All IT Outsourcing White Papers | Webcasts