Infosys whistleblower case delayed a month
U.S. District Court Judge cites scheduling issues
Computerworld - A case that pits a whistleblowing employee against offshore outsourcing giant Infosys will be delayed until next month, a judge ordered on Wednesday.
The trial, which was scheduled to begin Monday, is the result of a lawsuit by Jay Palmer, who said he was harassed and penalized after refusing to help the company get B-1 visitor visas for jobs that required an H-1B work visa.
The case is being heard in Montgomery, Ala., Palmer's home state, in U.S. District Court before Judge Myron Thompson.
In his order, Thompson said he needed more time to resolve a pending summary-judgment motion after the two parties failed to reach any agreement in mediation. The judge also said he needed time to resolve some other cases, which may take several weeks.
Kenneth Mendelsohn, the attorney representing Palmer in the case, said he didn't read much into the order, other than it was just continued.
Palmer's lawsuit led to an investigation by federal authorities into the company's visa use practices. The investigation is ongoing.
Patrick Thibodeau covers cloud computing and enterprise applications, outsourcing, government IT policies, data centers and IT workforce issues for Computerworld. Follow Patrick on Twitter at @DCgov or subscribe to Patrick's RSS feed . His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about IT Outsourcing in Computerworld's IT Outsourcing Topic Center.
- Making the Move to a Cloud-Based IT Service Management (ITSM) Platform Today's mature cloud-based ITSM solutions can give you the flexibility and agility you need-without sacrificing security, stability or performance.
- A Practical Guide to Understand and Benefit from the Consumerization of IT This guide explores the realities of IT Consumerization to define challenges and opportunities. Learn best practices and get actionable recommendations.
- The New IT Explore enhanced productivity for IT staff, and seamless integration across IT operation management systems. Download now.
- The Perfect Combo: ITIL, ITSM and Social Media BMC explores how best-in-class organizations are leveraging these to drive user satisfaction and organizational success.
- Exploring Network Management Challenges and the Benefits of Outsourcing New research conducted by IDG explores the network management challenges that IT and telecom leaders face and how they are dealing with them....
- Business-driven data protection Setting up data protection infrastructures with your organizations' core mission or business in mind is key. In this webinar, the ARCserve team will... All IT Outsourcing White Papers | Webcasts