Sencha, SAP collaborate to simplify development of HTML5 apps
A new connector helps integrate mobile apps with SAP systems
IDG News Service - Sencha has worked with SAP to make it easier for users to build HTML5-based applications using Sencha Touch 2 and a new connector, the company said on Monday.
The Touch 2 mobile application framework is used to build mobile applications for the enterprise. Using the new OData Connector for SAP, developers can connect to mobile offerings such as NetWeaver Gateway and the Sybase Unwired Platform, according to a blog posted by Sencha.
The Sencha Touch OData Connector for SAP is available for download from Sencha Market.
Besides the connector, the download also comes with a guide on how to get started and a sample application that shows developers how the connector can be used.
The sample application is called Flights Unlimited and it connects to a hosted demo of SAP NetWeaver server and uses the OData Connector to query on flight times, passenger manifests and pricing information.
Applications developed using the Touch 2 framework can either be deployed on the Web, or be adapted for distribution via an app store.
For SAP, the release of the connector is yet another, albeit small, step in this year's accelerated mobile push.
In April, the company said it would work with Sencha as well as Adobe and Appcelerator on making it easier to develop mobile apps. Mobility was also one of the main subjects at the Sapphire conference in May.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- Hadoop for Dummies Today, organizations in every industry are being showered with imposing quantities of new information. Along with traditional sources, many more data channels and...
- The Top Five Ways to Get Started with Big Data Despite the increased focus on big data over the past few years, most organizations are still talking about what big data is rather...
- Data Warehouse Augmentation: The Queryable Data Store While organizations have, to date, been busy exploring and experimenting, they are now beginning to focus on using big data technologies to solve...
- The IBM Big Data Platform IBM is unique in having developed an enterprise class big data platform that allows you to address the full spectrum of big data...
- Live Webcast Best Practices: How to Improve Business Continuity with Virtualization VMware solutions include a range of business continuity capabilities to help ensure availability for applications across your virtualized environment. Learn More>>
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- Endpoint Data Management: Protecting the Perimeter of the Internet of Things Not surprisingly, "Internet of Things" (IoT) and Big Data present new challenges AND opportunities for enterprise IT. Teams need to harness, secure and... All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts