Sencha, SAP collaborate to simplify development of HTML5 apps
A new connector helps integrate mobile apps with SAP systems
IDG News Service - Sencha has worked with SAP to make it easier for users to build HTML5-based applications using Sencha Touch 2 and a new connector, the company said on Monday.
The Touch 2 mobile application framework is used to build mobile applications for the enterprise. Using the new OData Connector for SAP, developers can connect to mobile offerings such as NetWeaver Gateway and the Sybase Unwired Platform, according to a blog posted by Sencha.
The Sencha Touch OData Connector for SAP is available for download from Sencha Market.
Besides the connector, the download also comes with a guide on how to get started and a sample application that shows developers how the connector can be used.
The sample application is called Flights Unlimited and it connects to a hosted demo of SAP NetWeaver server and uses the OData Connector to query on flight times, passenger manifests and pricing information.
Applications developed using the Touch 2 framework can either be deployed on the Web, or be adapted for distribution via an app store.
For SAP, the release of the connector is yet another, albeit small, step in this year's accelerated mobile push.
In April, the company said it would work with Sencha as well as Adobe and Appcelerator on making it easier to develop mobile apps. Mobility was also one of the main subjects at the Sapphire conference in May.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Wall Street Journal: CIO Journal
Article describes how cloud ITSM:
* Reduces drain on IT, increased response time
* Eliminates roadblocks to completion
* Enables IT to deliver...
- Datacenter eGuide Read on to learn what technologies are essential for high-performing data centers today, and to get a glimpse of what the data center...
- Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Case Study: AMAG Pharmaceuticals As an IT pioneer in the pharmaceuticals industry, AMAG realized that SaaS backup and recovery would give them the confidence to fully embrace...
- Workload Change: The 70 Percent of Your Business DevOps Forgot Adding WLA early in the development process ensures that the benefits of DevOps accrue for all applications, including your batch services. This paper...
- The Key to Happiness: Throw out Your Data Warehouse In this webinar, Kerry Reitnauer, Director, Solution Architect at FairPoint Communications will discuss the challenges the data warehouse brought, how they migrated to...
- Building Tomorrow's Data Center with Converged Technologies A number of forces are converging: the cloud, converged infrastructure, big data and fabric architectures to name a few. All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!