Microsoft Build conference comes home to Redmond
Microsoft's premier developer conference will be held in October this year
IDG News Service - Hoping to capitalize on the excitement around the pending Windows 8 launch, Microsoft has announced this year's dates for its premier developer conference, Build 2012, which will be held Oct. 30 through Nov. 2 on the company's Redmond, Wash., corporate campus.
The conference takes place in the week following Microsoft's release of its next operating system, Windows 8, due October 26. So naturally, the conference will have a lot of material for programmers interested in developing applications for the updated platform, though Microsoft also promises plenty of content on Windows Azure, Windows Phone 8, Windows Server 2012 and Visual Studio 2012 as well.
This year's Build will also presumably include more on Web application development, as the company decided to shutter its MIX conference for Web developers in January.
On the blog post announcing the conference, Microsoft General Manager Tim O'Brien defended the decision to hold the conference at Microsoft's headquarters. "BUILD 2012 will be on the Microsoft campus, and I know what you're thinking ... if it's not in some cavernous convention hall, then it must be a dialed-down version of last year's event, etc. ... but don't be confused: this will be unlike anything we've held on our corporate campus in a long time," he wrote.
This will be the second developer conference under the name of Build. The first was held in September 2011, in Anaheim California, where Microsoft launched the first Windows 8 preview. That conference had 275 sessions, 351 speakers and approximately 5,000 attendees.
Formerly, the Microsoft Professional Developers Conference (PDC) was the flagship Microsoft developer conference, though that name was jettisoned in favor of the Build moniker.
Registration will begin on Aug. 8, 8 a.m. PT. At this time, Microsoft will also share more details on keynote speakers, sessions and other activities at the event
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- Using Continuous Delivery to Improve Software Delivery Learn more about the challenges impacting organizations and how continuous delivery processes can be a key success factor in accelerating software delivery.
- Global Bank Improves Quality of Application Development Read how this financial institution centralized build assets, cut development time in half and added additional security controls.
- HTTP Status Code Cheat Sheet Look at the Graph, Find the Code and Boom - You're Solving Problems. Identifying and understanding common HTTP status codes can go a...
- Cloud BI in Action: Recorded Webinar of Customer, Kony, Inc. See how Kony, Inc., a leading enterprise mobility company, is using TIBCO Jaspersoft for Amazon Web Services and Redshift to achieve embedded analytics...
- Cloud BI Overview: Jaspersoft for AWS Check out this overview of Jaspersoft for AWS, to easily and affordably build business intelligence solutions as well as embed visualizations and analytics... All App Development White Papers | Webcasts