SAP: Mobile devices will be primary platform for accessing data, apps
IDG News Service - Mobility, cloud and in-memory computing are emerging as the top trends in the enterprise space today and in the coming years, says SAP at a recent forum.
"We see that innovation and speed are increasing exponentially," shares SAP Philippines Country Managing Director, Darren Rushworth. "Users of technology are driving a lot of changes in the industry today."
With the 5 billion mobile devices today, SAP sees that in five years' time, mobile devices will be the primary platform in accessing different data and applications. Rushworth furthers that businesses who want to help their employees and customers to be always connected are the stimuli to this trend.
"Consumers are [also] driving a lot of adoption of cloud," says Rushworth, adding that SAP's recent acquisitions, SuccessFactors and Ariba, offer human resource management and business commerce solutions in the cloud. These show "SAP's commitment to building the business network of the future and growing SAP's strength in the cloud."
With SAP's Hana, the company's in-memory database offering for big data, Rushworth all the more sees how access to corporate data quickly helps boost efficiency within enterprises.
"There are many opportunities to turn the growing amounts of data into intelligence that businesses can use via in-memory computing," he imparts. "The cost of memory and technology is now data support."
Rushworth affirms that SAP will continue to provide products that meet these demands of enterprises. SAP has also committed to get closer to customers and spend more time listening to the businesses' challenges.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- Increase IT Performance from the Enterprise to the Cloud with WAN Optimization Massive consolidation and data mobility, enabled by virtualization, have radically altered how we build servers, design applications, and deploy storage for the emerging...
- Live Webcast
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Video Stream Quality Impacts Viewer Behavior This scientific white paper, using statistical data from Amakai's streaming network, analyzes how changes in video quality cause changes in viewer behavior.
- Service-Enabling CICS Applications: Best Practices This informative webcast provides an informed, thorough look into CICS service-enablement options and how they can affect your environment. You'll learn how to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts