SAP: Mobile devices will be primary platform for accessing data, apps
IDG News Service - Mobility, cloud and in-memory computing are emerging as the top trends in the enterprise space today and in the coming years, says SAP at a recent forum.
"We see that innovation and speed are increasing exponentially," shares SAP Philippines Country Managing Director, Darren Rushworth. "Users of technology are driving a lot of changes in the industry today."
With the 5 billion mobile devices today, SAP sees that in five years' time, mobile devices will be the primary platform in accessing different data and applications. Rushworth furthers that businesses who want to help their employees and customers to be always connected are the stimuli to this trend.
"Consumers are [also] driving a lot of adoption of cloud," says Rushworth, adding that SAP's recent acquisitions, SuccessFactors and Ariba, offer human resource management and business commerce solutions in the cloud. These show "SAP's commitment to building the business network of the future and growing SAP's strength in the cloud."
With SAP's Hana, the company's in-memory database offering for big data, Rushworth all the more sees how access to corporate data quickly helps boost efficiency within enterprises.
"There are many opportunities to turn the growing amounts of data into intelligence that businesses can use via in-memory computing," he imparts. "The cost of memory and technology is now data support."
Rushworth affirms that SAP will continue to provide products that meet these demands of enterprises. SAP has also committed to get closer to customers and spend more time listening to the businesses' challenges.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- What Datapipe customers need to know about the new PCI DSS 3.0 compliance standard This handy quick reference outlines what PCI DSS 3.0 is, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the new...
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Live Webcast Best Practices for the Hyperconverged Enterprise Network To the Age of Constant Connectivity and Information overload
- Live Webcast Unmasking the Differences between Consumer and Enterprise File Sync & Share The consumerization of IT combined with the rapid pace of the modern mobile workplace is forcing enterprise IT teams to evaluate file sync...
- Live Webcast Government Agency Webifies Outdated COBOL Applications Let this CTO tell you how his agency converted 1980s-era green screens into an e-filing portal for the 100,000 cases handled each year...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,...
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts