SAP: Mobile devices will be primary platform for accessing data, apps
IDG News Service - Mobility, cloud and in-memory computing are emerging as the top trends in the enterprise space today and in the coming years, says SAP at a recent forum.
"We see that innovation and speed are increasing exponentially," shares SAP Philippines Country Managing Director, Darren Rushworth. "Users of technology are driving a lot of changes in the industry today."
With the 5 billion mobile devices today, SAP sees that in five years' time, mobile devices will be the primary platform in accessing different data and applications. Rushworth furthers that businesses who want to help their employees and customers to be always connected are the stimuli to this trend.
"Consumers are [also] driving a lot of adoption of cloud," says Rushworth, adding that SAP's recent acquisitions, SuccessFactors and Ariba, offer human resource management and business commerce solutions in the cloud. These show "SAP's commitment to building the business network of the future and growing SAP's strength in the cloud."
With SAP's Hana, the company's in-memory database offering for big data, Rushworth all the more sees how access to corporate data quickly helps boost efficiency within enterprises.
"There are many opportunities to turn the growing amounts of data into intelligence that businesses can use via in-memory computing," he imparts. "The cost of memory and technology is now data support."
Rushworth affirms that SAP will continue to provide products that meet these demands of enterprises. SAP has also committed to get closer to customers and spend more time listening to the businesses' challenges.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- ERP in the Cloud and the Modern Business View IDC's White Paper, to review IDC CloudTrack Survey findings, gain expert insight into the challenges and opportunities the cloud presents, and determine...
- Oracle ERP Cloud Service - Back-Office Solutions that Keep You in Front Learn how you can harness the power of the cloud to run your business more effectively and lower upfront costs.
- Integration with Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud Service While moving your financial system to the cloud may seem straightforward, truly realizing the advantages of the cloud requires a complete understanding how...
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Video Stream Quality Impacts Viewer Behavior This scientific white paper, using statistical data from Amakai's streaming network, analyzes how changes in video quality cause changes in viewer behavior. All Applications White Papers | Webcasts