SAP issues preliminary Q2 results, says software revenue up 26%
The company experienced double-digit growth in all regions, according to a statement
IDG News Service - SAP's software revenue grew 26% in its second quarter to 1.06 billion euros (US$1.3 billion), coming in at the high end of expectations, the company announced Thursday.
Software and software-related services revenues rose 21% to 3.12 billion euros, according to SAP, which will release its full second-quarter results on July 24. The results were reported according to IFRS (international financial reporting standards).
Operating profit was up 7% to 0.92 billion euros, SAP said.
"Our record performance speaks for itself. We delivered double-digit growth in all regions driven by strong momentum from the core as well as SAP HANA, mobile and the cloud," co-CEOs Bill McDermott and Jim Hagemann Snabe said in a statement.
SAP's HANA in-memory database and other database technologies "had an outstanding quarter with significant deals in all regions," according to SAP. HANA was first released last year and is being positioned as a future convergence point for all of SAP's software.
The company recently acquired SuccessFactors to improve its hand in the cloud software market. Through that move and other activities, SAP's company headcount has grown by about 5,000 so far this year, according to Thursday's announcement.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris's e-mail address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
Changing the Way Government Works: Four Technology Trends that Drive Down Costs and Increase Productivity
This paper discusses four technology-based approaches to improving processes and increasing
productivity while driving down department and agency costs.
- Aberdeen Group: Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer Insights There are no recalls for poor marketing. Manufacturers need to get their customer intelligence and messaging right the first time. Learn how.
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All IT Industry White Papers | Webcasts