10 file-sharing options: Dropbox, Google Drive and more
A still-evolving service (the company doesn't offer a paid tier yet), Minus allows signup via Facebook or Twitter and has browser extensions for both Chrome and Firefox that allow fast uploading of images and content.
Apart from allowing files to be shared for download, most of Minus's features seem geared towards Tumblr/Pinterest-like social sharing, not professional use. Users can follow each other and see feeds of newly uploaded content, which can be organized into publicly browse-able categories. Sharing is limited mostly to making a link public and manually distributing it.
The desktop client works as both a drag-and-drop uploader and a remote management tool for your stored files. It also has the ability to snap and upload screenshots. One handy function of the browser add-on: You can take a snapshot of a whole Web page and upload it.
Part of the Microsoft Live family of services, SkyDrive provides client apps for Windows and Mac that sync to and from folders on a client machine. Drag-and-drop uploading through Web browsers is also supported, but only for individual files and not whole folders; to do the latter you need to use the client software.
The PC client comes off like a poor man's version of Dropbox; there's no way to share files with other users except through the SkyDrive website. On the plus side, the website previews Microsoft Office-format documents using Office Web Apps; these files can be created directly in SkyDrive with Office Web Apps as well. Files can also be mass-distributed easily to users in your Hotmail contact lists.
- Simple Solution, Big Capability Meet growing employee and business demands by connecting up to 1,000 users with powerful collaboration capabilities with a single, integrated platform -- Cisco...
- The DDoS Threat Spectrum Bolstered by favorable economics, today's global botnets are using distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks to target firewalls, web services, and applications, often simultaneously.
- Need to Replace MS Threat Management Gateway? Read this article to learn how F5's Secure Web Gateway solution provides a full set of features that can help you successfully migrate...
- The Shortfall of Network Load Balancing Applications running across networks encounter a wide range of performance, security, and availability challenges as IT department strive to deliver fast, secure access...
- Cloud and Collaboration: Driving Your Business Value Mission Critical Cloud from Peer 1 Hosting is enterprise-grade.
- Peer 1's Mission Critical Cloud: Your Cloud, Your Way Peer 1 Hosting's Mission Critical Cloud offers the ultimate in flexible customization of infrastructure, resources and support. All Web Apps White Papers | Webcasts