Google's Larry Page loses voice, will not speak at key events
Page will not be speaking at an upcoming Google developer conference and the company's earnings calls next month
IDG News Service - Google's CEO Larry Page has lost his voice and will not be speaking at the company's upcoming public events, a spokeswoman for the company said.
The spokeswoman on Thursday confirmed that Google's Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt had told shareholders at Google's Mountain View, Calif., headquarters earlier in the day that Page would not be speaking at the company's Google I/O developer conference next week, and also possibly at the company's second-quarter earnings call, scheduled for next month.
The spokeswoman declined to provide further information.
Page did not speak at the shareholder event. He was noticed to have difficulty in speaking and his voice was strained in his recent speeches. The cause of his loss of voice was not given.
Page, Google's co-founder, replaced Schmidt as CEO last year. Google I/O is scheduled to start Wednesday in San Francisco.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Is Your Big Data Solution Production-Ready? Read "Is Your Big Data Solution Production-Ready?" now, and discover best practices and actionable steps to implementing a production-ready big data solution.
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Simplify and Consolidate Data Protection for Better Business Results Learn about IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager Operations Center, which provides advanced visualization, built-in analytics and integrated workflow automation features that leapfrog traditional backup...
- Webinar: Building a Big Data solution that's production-ready Big data solutions are no longer just a nice-to-have.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All Desktop Apps White Papers | Webcasts