Salesforce.com buys corporate 'perks' software vendor ChoicePass
The deal reflects Salesforce.com's foray into human-resources applications
IDG News Service - Salesforce.com has acquired ChoicePass, a Web company that offers companies services for providing employees with perks and discounts at local businesses.
"Since launching our Perks product, we've found that there is massive demand from businesses for innovative ways to manage employee engagement, rewards and incentives," ChoicePass said on its official blog this week. ChoicePass and Salesforce.com "share the same vision and passion for employee recognition, as well as our entrepreneurial spirit," it added.
ChoicePass will shutter its operations and close down its website on June 30, according to the post. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
It's not clear what will become of ChoicePass' technology, which includes an Android mobile application. A Salesforce.com spokesman confirmed that ChoicePass workers would be joining the company, but declined further comment.
The deal would seem to tie most closely to Salesforce.com's ongoing push into human-resources software, which got a boost through its acquisition of Rypple late last year.
Rypple focuses on employee performance, with tools that allow co-workers and managers alike to provide feedback and recognition to their peers and subordinates on an ongoing basis.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris's e-mail address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- What Datapipe customers need to know about the new PCI DSS 3.0 compliance standard This handy quick reference outlines what PCI DSS 3.0 is, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the new...
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Live Webcast Best Practices for the Hyperconverged Enterprise Network To the Age of Constant Connectivity and Information overload
- Live Webcast Unmasking the Differences between Consumer and Enterprise File Sync & Share The consumerization of IT combined with the rapid pace of the modern mobile workplace is forcing enterprise IT teams to evaluate file sync...
- Live Webcast Government Agency Webifies Outdated COBOL Applications Let this CTO tell you how his agency converted 1980s-era green screens into an e-filing portal for the 100,000 cases handled each year...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,...
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts