Salesforce.com buys corporate 'perks' software vendor ChoicePass
The deal reflects Salesforce.com's foray into human-resources applications
IDG News Service - Salesforce.com has acquired ChoicePass, a Web company that offers companies services for providing employees with perks and discounts at local businesses.
"Since launching our Perks product, we've found that there is massive demand from businesses for innovative ways to manage employee engagement, rewards and incentives," ChoicePass said on its official blog this week. ChoicePass and Salesforce.com "share the same vision and passion for employee recognition, as well as our entrepreneurial spirit," it added.
ChoicePass will shutter its operations and close down its website on June 30, according to the post. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
It's not clear what will become of ChoicePass' technology, which includes an Android mobile application. A Salesforce.com spokesman confirmed that ChoicePass workers would be joining the company, but declined further comment.
The deal would seem to tie most closely to Salesforce.com's ongoing push into human-resources software, which got a boost through its acquisition of Rypple late last year.
Rypple focuses on employee performance, with tools that allow co-workers and managers alike to provide feedback and recognition to their peers and subordinates on an ongoing basis.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris's e-mail address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- The Principles of the Business Data Lake The Business Data Lake is a new approach to information management, analytics and reporting that better matches the culture of business and better...
- Start with a Data Lake. End with Business Value. Pivotal Big Data Suite enables companies to store all data, accelerate processing and most importantly increase the amount of data being analyzed and...
- Store Everything. Analyze Anything, Build the Right Thing. The value of Information has increased, so has the business's thirst for more information.
- How Four Citrix Customers Solved the Enterprise Mobility Challenge Managing mobile devices, data and all types of apps-Windows, datacenter, web and native mobile- through a single solution.
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Responding to New SSL Cybersecurity Threat The featured Gartner research examines current strategies to address new SSL cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities. All Applications White Papers | Webcasts