Salesforce.com buys corporate 'perks' software vendor ChoicePass
The deal reflects Salesforce.com's foray into human-resources applications
IDG News Service - Salesforce.com has acquired ChoicePass, a Web company that offers companies services for providing employees with perks and discounts at local businesses.
"Since launching our Perks product, we've found that there is massive demand from businesses for innovative ways to manage employee engagement, rewards and incentives," ChoicePass said on its official blog this week. ChoicePass and Salesforce.com "share the same vision and passion for employee recognition, as well as our entrepreneurial spirit," it added.
ChoicePass will shutter its operations and close down its website on June 30, according to the post. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
It's not clear what will become of ChoicePass' technology, which includes an Android mobile application. A Salesforce.com spokesman confirmed that ChoicePass workers would be joining the company, but declined further comment.
The deal would seem to tie most closely to Salesforce.com's ongoing push into human-resources software, which got a boost through its acquisition of Rypple late last year.
Rypple focuses on employee performance, with tools that allow co-workers and managers alike to provide feedback and recognition to their peers and subordinates on an ongoing basis.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris's e-mail address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant Report For the 7th year in a row, Riverbed is in the "Leaders" Quadrant of the 2014 Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization Controllers. In...
- Improving Business Value of WAN Optimization Want to achieve faster ROI with WAN optimization? Read the latest IDC report and discover how you can cut IT costs without compromising...
- IDC ROI Infographic Trends such as evolving communication patterns, connection types, applications and bandwidth can have an impact on enterprise organizations. Learn how IT organizations can...
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts