Salesforce.com gets access to Twitter's messages feed
Salesforce Radian6 customers will get access to the more than 400 million Twitter messages generated daily
IDG News Service - Salesforce.com announced Wednesday a deal with Twitter that will give the enterprise cloud computing company access to Twitter's "firehose" feed of public messages, it said Tuesday.
The global deal will provide customers of Salesforce Radian6 more than 400 million messages on Twitter generated daily, which they can analyze to gain customer insight, fuel engagement, and build brand identity, Salesforce.com said in a statement.
Radian6 is Salesforce.com's social media monitoring and engagement tool. Salesforce.com acquired Radian6, whose technology tracks conversations on social sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, last year.
Salesforce.com has been trying to strengthen its social media offering to its customers. It said earlier this month it was acquiring social media marketing firm Buddy Media, which delivers targeted marketing content through Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube, in a US$689 million cash and stock deal.
Competitor Oracle announced last month that it is acquiring Vitrue which helps corporations disseminate their messages and advertising across social media platforms, such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube and Google+.
The terms of the deal between Salesforce.com and Twitter were not disclosed.
Twitter already has some companies like Gnip that use its firehose of messages to provide data to enterprises. Dataminr, a social media data company in New York city, said in April it had signed a partnership with Twitter, which includes access to the full Twitter firehose in real-time.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- IDC Report: The Future of eMail is Social This paper discusses the changing nature of collaboration and work fueled by the social Web by examining current email trends and the emergence...
- The Business of Social Business Social business represents a significant transformational opportunity for organizations. Read this whitepaper to learn more.
- Six Ways Your Small Business Can Save with Internet Phone Service Traditional phone systems present two main problems for businesses: limited features and high costs. As a result, small businesses are migrating to Internet...
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Supercharge Your Web and Mobile App Development with High-Productivity Hybrid Cloud Webinar: Hear from industry experts about the amazing power at the intersection of next-generation web and mobile application development and cloud platforms.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All Internet White Papers | Webcasts