Salesforce.com gets access to Twitter's messages feed
Salesforce Radian6 customers will get access to the more than 400 million Twitter messages generated daily
IDG News Service - Salesforce.com announced Wednesday a deal with Twitter that will give the enterprise cloud computing company access to Twitter's "firehose" feed of public messages, it said Tuesday.
The global deal will provide customers of Salesforce Radian6 more than 400 million messages on Twitter generated daily, which they can analyze to gain customer insight, fuel engagement, and build brand identity, Salesforce.com said in a statement.
Radian6 is Salesforce.com's social media monitoring and engagement tool. Salesforce.com acquired Radian6, whose technology tracks conversations on social sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, last year.
Salesforce.com has been trying to strengthen its social media offering to its customers. It said earlier this month it was acquiring social media marketing firm Buddy Media, which delivers targeted marketing content through Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube, in a US$689 million cash and stock deal.
Competitor Oracle announced last month that it is acquiring Vitrue which helps corporations disseminate their messages and advertising across social media platforms, such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube and Google+.
The terms of the deal between Salesforce.com and Twitter were not disclosed.
Twitter already has some companies like Gnip that use its firehose of messages to provide data to enterprises. Dataminr, a social media data company in New York city, said in April it had signed a partnership with Twitter, which includes access to the full Twitter firehose in real-time.
- Data on the Move = Business on the Move; How Strategic Secure Managed File Transfer Adds Value and Drives Business This whitepaper describes the formal and informal file-sharing methods business employees use to perform their daily functions and explains that, from sending small...
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- Supercharge Your Web and Mobile App Development with High-Productivity Hybrid Cloud Webinar: Hear from industry experts about the amazing power at the intersection of next-generation web and mobile application development and cloud platforms.
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All Internet White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!