Oracle to issue 14 patches for Java SE
A number of the vulnerabilities are severe
IDG News Service - Oracle is planning to ship 14 patches related to Java SE on Tuesday, including a number with the highest level of severity under the CVSS (common vulnerability scoring system) framework, according to a pre-release announcement on the company's website.
"Due to the threat posed by a successful attack, Oracle strongly recommends that customers apply Critical Patch Update fixes as soon as possible," Oracle said.
The patch batch is aimed at security weaknesses in a number of products, including JDK and JRE 7 Update 4 and earlier; JDK and JRE 6 Update 32 and earlier; and JavaFX version 2.1 and earlier, according to the announcement.
A dozen of the 14 fixes can be exploited by an attacker remotely, with no username or password required, Oracle said. A number of the weaknesses have a CVSS base score of 10.0, the highest possible, but Oracle didn't provide further specifics.
Oracle delivers Java SE patches on a quarterly basis, but on a different schedule than fixes for its other applications and middleware products.
The last Java SE patch release, which was delivered in February, also included 14 fixes.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris's e-mail address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The Threat Landscape Hardly a day goes by without the discovery of a new cyberthreat somewhere in the world! But how do you keep up with...
- Security for Virtualization In the rush to implement virtualization, security has become second. So while the business benefits are clear, the risks are less well documented...
- Is Your Big Data Solution Production-Ready? Read "Is Your Big Data Solution Production-Ready?" now, and discover best practices and actionable steps to implementing a production-ready big data solution.
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Webinar: Building a Big Data solution that's production-ready Big data solutions are no longer just a nice-to-have.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All Malware and Vulnerabilities White Papers | Webcasts