CIO - You can't miss how technology alters people's engagement with companies. Technology has empowered customers to wield greater influence over the brands with which they interact. They expect things to work the way they want. If an experience disappoints, they make their dissatisfaction known. That can affect your bottom line.
Many of your CEOs respond to this technology empowerment by demanding customer experience improvements. Unfortunately, those demands were probably handed to one person--your call center VP, or your chief marketing officer, but not you. The result? The organization perceives the customer experience as someone else's problem and little has changed.
Your customers' experience is based on their interactions with your enterprise, its channels and its business processes, all of which are embodied by your technology. Improving the customer experience requires technology change, and that's why it is your problem.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- HP HAVEn: See the big picture in Big Data HP HAVEn is the industry's first comprehensive, scalable, open, and secure platform for Big Data. Enterprises are drowning in a sea of data...
- Axeda Platform Technical Overview This paper summarizes the major features of an IoT platform and explains how they simplify and speed the process of developing and deploying...
- ROI Benefits from Automating Application Delivery Solutions One of the key tenets of a modern data center is the ability to leverage technologies that enable automation in order to accelerate...
- Video moves into IT's sweet spot Moving onto shared IT infrastructure, as well as mobile devices, video technology is finding its way into a wide range of organizations and...
- What Is The Cloud Doing To Your Data Center? In this webcast, we'll look at ways you can distill cloud computing down to principles that you can apply to how you manage...
- Unbox Your Load Balancer Your applications are getting more distributed, virtualized and pushed into the cloud today. But as the world progresses to multi-cloud deployments and sophisticated... All Infrastructure Management White Papers | Webcasts