- View the full 2012 special report
- View and sort the top 100 employers
- In the No. 1 spot: USAA scores a three-peat
- Slideshow: Employee perks at USAA
- Employer scorecard: Tops for training, benefits, more
- Employee scorecard: 33,000 IT workers have their say
- Opinion: Invest in your IT talent; it's the key to retention
- Opinion: Build the IT community at large to attract talent
- How we chose the Best Places
- Tell us about the worst place to work!
Best Places to Work in IT 2012: Employee scorecard
What's the key to job satisfaction for IT employees at our 100 best places to work?
Computerworld - We asked IT employees at the 100 organizations that made our 2012 Best Places to Work in IT list a variety of questions about benefits, career opportunities and the workplace environment at their companies. Here are a few highlights from their responses:
|Working in an enjoyable environment||94%|
|Being fairly compensated for the work I do||94%|
|Having access to training and opportunities that further my skills||89%|
|Having the means and opportunity to further my career||86%|
|Working in a challenging environment||81%|
|Being able to work with cutting-edge technology||76%|
- 89% are very satisfied or satisfied with their company's paid vacation
- 79% are very satisfied or satisfied with their company's profit sharing or employee stock ownership plans
- 78% are very satisfied or satisfied with their base salary
- 78% are very satisfied or satisfied with their work/life balance
- 77% are very satisfied or satisfied with their flexible hours
- 72% are very satisfied or satisfied with their health benefits
- 69% are very satisfied or satisfied with their company's telecommuting policy
|Not very stressful||17%|
|Not at all stressful||2%|
Source: 33,461 respondents to Computerworld's 2012 Best Places employee survey from the final 100 companies selected.
More on the 100 Best Places to Work in IT
Read more about IT Careers in Computerworld's IT Careers Topic Center.
- 2014 IT Workplace Trends and Salary Guide Staying competitive in the IT market can be challenging. This guide provides you with insight into variety of IT workplace trends including, U.S....
- Big Data, Big Mess: Sound Risk Intelligence Through Complete Context This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- Using Cyber Insurance and Cybercrime Data to Limit Your Business Risk This paper examines the challenges of understanding cyber risks, the importance of having the right cyber risk intelligence, and how to use this...
- 5 Tips to Secure Small Business Backdoors in the Enterprise Supply Chain This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts
Our 28th annual survey results show which IT skills are in high demand and which are cooling off. Also, see how your salary stacks up to peers' with our Smart Salary Tool.