HTC smartphones pass U.S. Customs inspection
The U.S. Customs inspection had previously caused delays in HTC smartphone shipments
IDG News Service - HTC said on Wednesday its newest smartphones models had all passed a required U.S. Customs review, clearing device shipments to the country after they were previously delayed because of the inspection.
The Taiwanese smartphone vendor completed the review process with U.S. customs, and the devices were found to be in compliance with an International Trade Commission (ITC) ruling, HTC said in a Taiwan Stock Exchange filing.
"Future shipments should continue to enter the U.S. and we are confident that we will soon be able to meet the demand for our products," the company added.
Earlier this month, the Taiwanese smartphone vendor said its HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE devices would see delays in availability in the U.S. resulting from an ITC ruling in December that found the company to be in infringement of Apple patents.
As part of the ITC ruling, HTC was required to clear the import of its new devices through a required U.S. Customs inspection, to ensure the smartphones were not in violation of using the patented technology.
On May 20, HTC said that certain models of its smartphones had passed U.S. Customs, without specifying which devices, allowing for some of the company's device shipments to reach carrier customers.
AT&T is selling the HTC One X, while Sprint is selling the HTC EVO 4G LTE.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
Changing the Way Government Works: Four Technology Trends that Drive Down Costs and Increase Productivity
This paper discusses four technology-based approaches to improving processes and increasing
productivity while driving down department and agency costs.
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Simplify and Consolidate Data Protection for Better Business Results Learn about IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager Operations Center, which provides advanced visualization, built-in analytics and integrated workflow automation features that leapfrog traditional backup...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All Gov't Legislation/Regulation White Papers | Webcasts