HTC smartphones pass U.S. Customs inspection
The U.S. Customs inspection had previously caused delays in HTC smartphone shipments
IDG News Service - HTC said on Wednesday its newest smartphones models had all passed a required U.S. Customs review, clearing device shipments to the country after they were previously delayed because of the inspection.
The Taiwanese smartphone vendor completed the review process with U.S. customs, and the devices were found to be in compliance with an International Trade Commission (ITC) ruling, HTC said in a Taiwan Stock Exchange filing.
"Future shipments should continue to enter the U.S. and we are confident that we will soon be able to meet the demand for our products," the company added.
Earlier this month, the Taiwanese smartphone vendor said its HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE devices would see delays in availability in the U.S. resulting from an ITC ruling in December that found the company to be in infringement of Apple patents.
As part of the ITC ruling, HTC was required to clear the import of its new devices through a required U.S. Customs inspection, to ensure the smartphones were not in violation of using the patented technology.
On May 20, HTC said that certain models of its smartphones had passed U.S. Customs, without specifying which devices, allowing for some of the company's device shipments to reach carrier customers.
AT&T is selling the HTC One X, while Sprint is selling the HTC EVO 4G LTE.
- Transform IT: Transform the Enterprise This paper provides IT leaders with insight into three IT imperatives that 24 CIOs and senior IT executives used to reposition IT and...
- Case Study Adopting ITSM Tech to Support ITIL Initiatives CIO Bart Murphy Improves Service Delivery while Lowering Costs by consolidating services across 6 business units.
- Upstream Print Solutions improve customer service Fuji Xerox Australia subsidiary Upstream Print Solutions is rolling out SaaS service delivery to facilities, field engineering, health and safety, client service and...
The Wall Street Journal: CIO Journal
Article describes how cloud ITSM:
* Reduces drain on IT, increased response time
* Eliminates roadblocks to completion
* Enables IT to deliver...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All Gov't Legislation/Regulation White Papers | Webcasts