|Organization||Project Name||Project Achievements|
|Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Justice Network||Winner: JNET Facial Recognition System||Web-based application using algorithms and a database of high-quality, standardized photographs enables more than 39,000 county, state and federal justice professionals to identify suspects and witnesses in photographs and videos. Read more...|
|CGH Technologies Inc.||Finalist: Federal NOTAM System (FNS)||Digital technology modernizes the collection, management and distribution of Notices to Airmen (NOTAM), replacing an antiquated system with one that distributes mission-critical information more quickly, more accurately and at a lower cost|
|NTT Data||Finalist: Automatic Realtime Bridge Monitoring System (BRIMOS)||System uses fiber-optic sensors and advanced IT capabilities to monitor bridges for damage, transmit results in real time to transportation engineers, and alert them to abnormalities|
|The University of Texas at Tyler||Finalist: Medical Special Needs Shelter: Just-in-Time Online Training Website||Website provides free training materials to help quickly prepare volunteers and workers to care for people with special medical needs who seek emergency shelter during crises|
|VBrick Systems Inc.||Finalist: 3C Wildfire Control||System used by Regional Command and Control Communications enables distribution of live video from mobile and fixed resources via the Internet to public safety agencies, resulting in better response and coordination when fighting wildfires|
|Awareity||TIPS - Preventing the Preventable||Web-based incident-reporting tool allows people to report suspicious incidents, security breaches, employment concerns or school safety issues anonymously, giving organizational leaders insight into potential problems so they can proactively respond|
|California Administrative Office of the Courts||California Courts Protective Order Registry||Web-based system that provides access to a statewide repository of restraining and protective orders prevents judges from issuing multiple orders with conflicting terms, helping to ensure the safety of victims|
|City of Rogers, Ark.||Rogers, Arkansas -- Mobile Data Solution||Virtual computing environment and deployment of mobile devices to public safety personnel improves communication, coordination and efficiency of the workers and saves taxpayer dollars|
|Colorado Governor's Office of Information Technology||Colorado Statewide Interoperability Training Program||Program provides free online training focused on communications equipment to all workers who use public safety communications systems, to ensure that all agencies can share information effectively and deliver essential services seamlessly|
|CS STARS||STARS Risk Response||Program automatically identifies and assesses external risks to organizations by monitoring data sources, determines which risks are relevant to an organization's locations and people, and sends assessments for qualifying events to the appropriate officials|
|Gemalto||Healthcare IT Access Security at Seattle Children's Hospital||Use of user-friendly two factor-authentication devices, along with server and technical support for authorized user access to hospital servers, networks and VPNs, provides strong security with high user-adoption rates|
|Lehigh Valley Health Network||Lehigh Valley Health Network Patient Security Initiatives||Comprehensive plan to ensure data security focuses on encryption of mobile devices and corporate email, moving all sensitive data off of desktops and onto secure servers, and adopting a data loss prevention system|
|mPedigree Network||mPedigree||Technology deployed throughout the supply chain allows manufacturers, regulators, distributors and consumers to use text messaging and unique product IDs to easily and quickly verify that medicines are not counterfeit|
|Rankin County||Mobile Virtual Desktops||Replacing traditional computing with virtual desktops creates an always-available computing infrastructure for the county sheriff's department, increasing operating efficiency while lowering costs|
|San Bernardino County Information Services Department||Property Eveidence Tracking System (PETS)||Web-based system streamlines the process for gathering, receiving, tracking and distributing property evidence, which results in improved tracking of all evidence, enhanced reporting and auditing, and a reduction in personnel costs|
|San Joaquin County||Integrated Justice Information System (IJIS)||Web-based system modernizes public safety systems, simplifying integration among justice agencies, ensuring data security and increasing the efficiency of its users|
|SmartDrive Systems Inc.||SmartDrive Safety||Sensors and video recorders on vehicles collect data on drivers' performance that's analyzed to pinpoint areas for improvement and reinforce good driving practices|
|Suffolk County Department of Social Services||Police Incident Request Tracking||Program enables public safety departments and social service agencies to securely share incident request forms used for court cases, dramatically cutting turnaround times for providing courts with crucial information|
|Troy University IT||Cyberkids Protection Initiative||Program delivers educational information about Internet safety to youth through school and community events, and trains educators and parents on the issues so they can provide guidance to young people|
|Verisign||Verisign's Domain Name System Security Extension (DNSSEC) program||Program introduces technology that lets users more securely navigate the Internet, helps ready the Internet community for the enhanced security measures, and provides the tools to support their implementation and adoption|
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- eBook: An Executives' Guide: The Machine of the Future This eBook has been developed to help executives understand the value of M2M and IoT to enterprises. We will include a framework CEOs...
- Quantifying the Return on Investment: The Business Case for Machine-to-Machine Initiatives This paper uses real-world customer results and a set of key metrics to help executives and managers understand the return they should expect...
- Is There Still a Case for PMO? PMOs haven't always worked for all companies all of the time. Smart companies should review their PMO needs and activities through a PMO...
- Consequences of Poorly Performing Software Systems While performance issues are not always avoidable, their effects can be mitigated and often avoided by developing a keen understanding their causes and...
- How to Select the Right IoT Platform We are rapidly entering a world where almost everything will be connected to the cloud and managing these connected things and leveraging the...
- Integrated Infrastructure: Simplify Operations, Speed Deployments and Reduce Costs George Weiss, Gartner Vice President and Analyst, and Praveen Akkiraju, CEO of VCE, provide practical information regarding the various aspects of Integrated Infrastructures... All IT Leadership White Papers | Webcasts