|Organization||Project Name||Project Achievements|
|NAV, the Norwegian Labour and Welfare Administration||Winner: Norwegian Labour and Welfare Administration (NAV) Pension Program||This self-service portal gives citizens an integrated view of their public and private pension benefits and automates the application process, gathering user information, calculating benefits, generating decision letters and enabling payments in seconds. Read more...|
|New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services||Finalist: New Hampshire Electronic Application System (EASY)||Virtual service delivery means clients have more streamlined access to information and the application process, agency workers enjoy more efficient workflow processes, and agency sees a reduction in errors and costs|
|Social Security Administration||Finalist: Ticket to Work (TTW) Beneficiary Assistance and Support Services (BASS)||Web 2.0 and social media help administration communicate with Social Security beneficiaries with disabilities about benefits and employment options, while technology connects them with the resources that can help them develop a work plan|
|Universidad Carlos III de Madrid||Finalist: UC3MTitling||Tool uses mobile communications networks to project captions, videos with sign language, and audio descriptions of live events through various channels for audience members with limited hearing or vision|
|World Vision||Finalist: Last Mile Mobile Solutions (LMMS)||Initiative aimed at rugged environments without reliable power features a roaming laptop server that runs administrative software so humanitarian field workers can efficiently and effectively track aid distribution, replacing paper-based record-keeping|
|Volunteers of America Chesapeake||Operational Dashboarding and predictive analytics||Business intelligence tools enable organization to measure and report outcomes, which helped it execute an operational turnaround and helps it to identify and respond to new service opportunities|
|St. David's HealthCare||High Alert in the Emergency Room||Program alerts emergency room staff to patients with psychiatric needs and substance abuse disorders and provides caregivers with accurate medical information so they can effectively treat patients and refer them to appropriate care|
|The Boeing Co.||Transportation Navigator System||Web portal for the American Cancer Society allows workers and volunteers to schedule rides for cancer patients from virtually any Internet-enabled computer, replacing paper-based scheduling with a faster, more efficient system|
|Medi-Cal Consulting Services Inc.||Free Medi-Cal Workshops||Internet enables the promotion of free information and workshops to California residents and streamlines the exchange of important documentation and transactions with eligible benefit recipients, which makes meeting state and county deadlines easier|
|Michigan Department of Technology, Management & Budget||Statewide Enterprise Data Warehouse Service||Employees use state's massive amounts of data to do their jobs more effectively and to comply with federal requirements, detect fraud and distribute benefits|
|eBay Giving Works||eBay Giving Works||Features and functions of eBay are leveraged to help raise money for nonprofits, with users so far raising more than $293 million for nonprofits in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada|
|Tekmeca||theGoodMojo||Public virtual space provides a site where funders, service providers, clients and interested individuals can come together to exchange information and collaborate; site also provides a platform for providers to promote their services|
|YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago||Y-Zones||Use of geographic information in business intelligence analysis helps YMCA identify needs in specific locales and respond with appropriate programs, which helps it strengthen collaborations, build partnerships and have a deeper impact on the community|
|Los Angeles County Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) and Chief Executive Office Service Integration Branch (CEO-SIB)||Los Angeles County Data Mining Solution for Child Care Welfare Fraud Detection||Los Angeles County Data Mining Solution for Child Care Welfare Fraud Detection|
|GMHC||Food and Nutrition Bar Code Scan||County uses analytics to quickly and efficiently identify possible cases of fraud and to rank cases for investigation based on risk scores, saving the county millions of dollars|
|Michigan Department of Human Services||MI Bridges Expansion||Online access to department's programs and applications for assistance gives Michigan residents timely information, including eligibility for benefits, and redirects staff's time and resources to broadening services and addressing other areas of need|
|211 San Diego||2-1-1 San Diego Military and Veterans Program||Software allows people calling or using live chat through the county's assistance program to identify themselves as military members or veterans, so their calls are prioritized or routed to other veterans who can provide peer-to-peer counseling and assistance|
|Texas Health and Human Services Commission||Customer Flow Management||System that queues customers and offers workers a real-time view of the services being requested increases the efficiency of office operations, helps reduce customers' wait times and improves the overall quality of services provided|
|Oklahoma Department of Human Services||WebFOCUS Management Software Performance Measures Project||BI and reporting system gives caseworkers timely access to accurate information to help them better manage child support cases and address all related compliance issues, which increases child support compliance|
|American Red Cross||American Red Cross and Salesforce.com meet the magnitude of need created by disasters||CRM software enables better management of volunteers, donors, inquiries, training, events and back-office functions, particularly when activity spikes, resulting in more cohesive operations, greater visibility of data and more effective communication following disasters|
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- eBook: An Executives' Guide: The Machine of the Future This eBook has been developed to help executives understand the value of M2M and IoT to enterprises. We will include a framework CEOs...
- Quantifying the Return on Investment: The Business Case for Machine-to-Machine Initiatives This paper uses real-world customer results and a set of key metrics to help executives and managers understand the return they should expect...
- Is There Still a Case for PMO? PMOs haven't always worked for all companies all of the time. Smart companies should review their PMO needs and activities through a PMO...
- Consequences of Poorly Performing Software Systems While performance issues are not always avoidable, their effects can be mitigated and often avoided by developing a keen understanding their causes and...
- How to Select the Right IoT Platform We are rapidly entering a world where almost everything will be connected to the cloud and managing these connected things and leveraging the...
- Integrated Infrastructure: Simplify Operations, Speed Deployments and Reduce Costs George Weiss, Gartner Vice President and Analyst, and Praveen Akkiraju, CEO of VCE, provide practical information regarding the various aspects of Integrated Infrastructures... All IT Leadership White Papers | Webcasts