|Organization||Project Name||Project Achievements|
|Novartis International||Winner: SMS for Life - Fighting Malaria in Africa||System consisting of an SMS management tool and a Web-based reporting tool gives healthcare providers visibility into antimalarial stock levels at health clinics, leading to more efficient stock management and better availability of the life-saving medications. Read more...|
|DigitalGlobe||Finalist: DigitalGlobe's response to Japanese Tsunami using FirstLook and FirstWatch||Satellite imagery and company's online and analytic services give users a street-by-street view of damage following natural disasters or political crises, enabling governments and organizations to better plan aid strategy|
|City of Bolzano||Finalist: City of Bolzano's Living Safe Project (Italy)||Sensors in elderly residents' homes monitor for danger and transmit data to an off-site control room and Android devices, allowing agents to quickly respond to emergencies; residents can also communicate via touchscreen with health professionals to receive immediate assistance|
|Direct Relief International||Finalist: Customer Case Study: Direct Relief International||ERP, CRM and business intelligence applications provide an overview of the aid organization's inventory and flow of resources, allowing workers to more efficiently get the right emergency supplies to people in crisis|
|Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford||Finalist: Patient Safety Dashboard Project at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford||Custom-developed dashboard gives healthcare team a real-time view into the status of the entire medical unit as well as individual patients, resulting in better care and increased compliance with care guidelines|
|Seven Corners||Seven Corners Virtual Private Cloud||Upgrade to virtual desktop environment using agile development to keep system developments, application upgrades and customer implementations on track virtually eliminates outages, supports business expansion and growth, and increases company's ability to aid its customers in crises|
|Skype||Low-bandwidth version of Skype for NGOs||Low-bandwidth version of software provides free or low-cost voice and video calls over the Internet for United Nations field employees working in remote areas and under harsh conditions without jeopardizing business applications|
|Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture||USAFoodSafety||End-to-end software creates a consistent, fully automated workflow process for inspecting facilities where food is manufactured, prepared or sold, allowing inspectors to record required data on handheld tablets and better track inspection information|
|Dr Lal PathLabs Pvt. Ltd.||S-2-R (Sample to Report)||Document management system integrated with an ERP system allows lab to shorten the time it takes to get test results to patients while also improving its ability to store, retrieve and manage data|
|SGI||PLEIADES Upgrade||Next generation of high-performance computing platform extends the computational capability of NASA's Pleiades supercomputer system, adding approximately 35% to the peak capability of Pleiades in early 2012|
|Intralinks||IntraLinks Life Sciences||Online service that enables pharmaceutical and biotechnology organizations to quickly and efficiently collaborate and share research helps improve the speed and quality of clinical drug trials and the process of bringing new therapies to market|
|Yahoo! JAPAN||Yahoo! JAPAN Shinsai Website||Established after the March 2011 earthquake in Japan to assist with humanitarian efforts, the site is now a thriving online community supporting news and emergency alerts, community events, volunteer activities and charitable donations|
|Ninth Judicial Circuit Court, FL||Ninth Judicial Court Centralized Remote Interpreting (CRI)||Audio and video infrastructure enables off-site interpreters to securely view and interact with the court, ensuring that court officials can obtain services from certified professionals when needed and helping to lower the court's interpreter costs|
|Children's Services Council of Palm Beach County||Healthy Beginnings||Software systems collect, track and report data and statistics that support strategic management and planning decisions across multiple agencies, enabling the council to deliver services to families more efficiently|
|Westchester County||TeleCorrections Inmate Kiosk and Video Visitation System||System allows Westchester County Jail inmates to securely communicate face-to-face with outside parties who can connect via the Web; family visits have a positive social impact, while virtual visits with bail expediters help county shorten prisoners' time in jail, saving costs|
|Network for Good||Unleashing Generosity||Organization's donation-processing platform provides a foundation on which developers can build Web apps that enable nonprofits to raise money and for-profit companies to incorporate giving into commerce|
|iGivefirst||iGivefirst||Platform allows website visitors to safely donate to charities with one click of the "Give" button; website owners, bloggers and online publishers can implement the technology to encourage visitors to donate to charities referenced on their sites|
|Morpheon Corp.||ChartBase: Delivering Paperless Efficiency to Occupational Healthcare||Practice management and electronic medical records solution fully automates the operation of an occupational-industrial medical clinic, providing documentation and assessment tools, and compiling and submitting required supporting documentation|
|Infratab Inc.||Sustain. Track. Trace. The Nicaraguan Spiny Lobster||Various technologies, including electronic tags and GPS-enabled cellphones, create a system to help the Nicaraguan government enforce regulations protecting both the sustainability of the Nicaraguan spiny lobster population and the fishing industry|
|New York City Police Department||Capgemini & NYPD Property and Evidence Tracking System (PETS)||System allows police to more efficiently identify, locate, track and route property and evidence, with the ability to access a cradle-to-grave life cycle of invoiced property and evidence on demand|
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- eBook: An Executives' Guide: The Machine of the Future This eBook has been developed to help executives understand the value of M2M and IoT to enterprises. We will include a framework CEOs...
- Quantifying the Return on Investment: The Business Case for Machine-to-Machine Initiatives This paper uses real-world customer results and a set of key metrics to help executives and managers understand the return they should expect...
- Is There Still a Case for PMO? PMOs haven't always worked for all companies all of the time. Smart companies should review their PMO needs and activities through a PMO...
- Consequences of Poorly Performing Software Systems While performance issues are not always avoidable, their effects can be mitigated and often avoided by developing a keen understanding their causes and...
- How to Select the Right IoT Platform We are rapidly entering a world where almost everything will be connected to the cloud and managing these connected things and leveraging the...
- Integrated Infrastructure: Simplify Operations, Speed Deployments and Reduce Costs George Weiss, Gartner Vice President and Analyst, and Praveen Akkiraju, CEO of VCE, provide practical information regarding the various aspects of Integrated Infrastructures... All IT Leadership White Papers | Webcasts