|Organization||Project Name||Project Achievements|
|U.S. Department of Agriculture, National Resources Conservation Service||Winner: Cloud Services Innovation Platform||This platform facilitates the migration of existing scientific modeling applications to a cost-effective commercial infrastructure-as-a-service cloud environment to increase availability of environmental models used to help farmers and ranchers in their conservation efforts. Read more...|
|BANSEFI||Finalist: BANSEFI's Correspondent Program||Project utilizing fingerprint recognition for customers and operators creates a correspondent bank network to provide financial services to and encourage saving among Mexico's poor|
|Ethiopia Commodity Exchange||Finalist: Ethiopia Commodity Exchange||End-to-end platform provides real-time market data and a commodity grading system for farmers that guarantees commodity quantity and quality and establishes a system for the daily clearance and settlement of contracts|
|Michigan Department of Technology, Managment and Budget||Finalist: USAHerds Cattle Tracking: Protecting Michigan's Food Supply||Tracking technology and processes provide a sustainable mobile system that ensures a high degree of animal and disease traceability for Michigan livestock and livestock imported into the state|
|MicroGraam Marketplace Pvt. Ltd.||Finalist: MicroGraam||Platform allows urban professionals to provide microcredit to underprivileged borrowers in rural India and to set terms that reflect the loan's purpose, while also minimizing transaction costs|
|Boston Technologies Inc.||Boston Technologies' Start Your Own Brokerage Offering and Liquidity Bridge Technology||Completely customizable solution includes everything an entrepreneur needs to start a foreign exchange brokerage, opening up the market to those in emerging economies and minimizing manual trading operations and associated errors|
|City of Riverside, Calif.||Innovation Economy Initiative||A high-tech road map created by government, education and business leaders sets goals for attracting new high-tech businesses, incubating start-up technology companies and creating high-paying jobs in the region|
|Dextro LLC||Dextro's online Education Learning Platform||Platform aims to help small and midsize business owners and employees in Mexico by providing access to training and content that teaches business and entrepreneurial skills and best practices at minimal cost|
|Donlen Corp.||Fleets for Change||Web-based program provides commercial fleet companies with a way to calculate a carbon baseline from which to improve the efficiency of existing vehicles though driver behavior training, route efficiency and other best practices|
|Dutch-Bangla Bank Ltd.||Mobile Wallet||Development of a mobile banking program makes banking services accessible and convenient to Bangladeshis who otherwise have limited or no access to them, while creating a low-cost transaction methodology for the bank|
|Entrepreneur Support Center||Entrepreneur Support Center||High-tech facility featuring business-grade computer and telecommunications equipment along with professional business consultants from the region helps entrepreneurs launch successful companies in an area of high unemployment|
|G20||G20||OpenText Social Workplace provides a secure, cloud-based mobile collaboration platform that allowed representatives of different countries attending the G20 Summit in Toronto to work together and collaborate on world financial issues|
|Government of the District of Columbia, Office of the Chief Technology Officer, Program Management Office - Enterprise Contracts Management Services||Citywide Information Technology Staff Augmentation (ITSA)||Initiative aims at improving contract processes resulting in reduction of average time-to-hire for IT contract staff while also expanding the number of Washington-based Certified Business Enterprises participating in the work|
|Gulf JP Company Ltd.||Gulf JP Company Ltd Supports Imperative Business Continuity||Company's 2011 update of IT infrastructure ensures business continuity in the main industrial zones of Thailand, the areas most important to the country's economic development|
|Hewlett-Packard Co.||HP Learning Initiative for Entrepreneurs, (HP LIFE)||Through equipment donations, training and online resources, this program enables access to the business and IT skills that aspiring entrepreneurs need to turn their ideas into thriving companies|
|Kellogg Co.||Project Boot Camp||Web-based information portal provides social workers helping veterans with a centralized link to information, resources and benefits, allowing for more effective, timely and targeted assistance for veterans|
|National Telecommunications & Information Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce||Broadband Technology Opportunities Program (BTOP) - US Dept. of Commerce||A $4 billion investment of grant money is helping close the digital divide by providing and improving high-speed Internet access for underserved populations|
|One IT World Corp.||Government Central Payment Service for Online Taxes||A service-oriented integration architecture between El Salvador's Ministry of Finance and 10 major banks creates a more efficient and reliable framework for taxpayers to make payments at banks that the government receives online|
|SunGard Financial Systems||SunGard MiFos 2||As part of its community service initiatives, SunGard develops cost-effective Web-based open-source technology and efficient processes to help microfinance institutions better manage their loan and repayment programs|
|UNED, Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia||Distance education improvements in customized classrooms by means of virtual desktops||Deployment of a virtual desktop infrastructure provides a work environment for students and staff that's efficient, cost-effective and consistent across more than 60 learning centers|
Next: Emerging Tech
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- eBook: An Executives' Guide: The Machine of the Future This eBook has been developed to help executives understand the value of M2M and IoT to enterprises. We will include a framework CEOs...
- Quantifying the Return on Investment: The Business Case for Machine-to-Machine Initiatives This paper uses real-world customer results and a set of key metrics to help executives and managers understand the return they should expect...
- Is There Still a Case for PMO? PMOs haven't always worked for all companies all of the time. Smart companies should review their PMO needs and activities through a PMO...
- Consequences of Poorly Performing Software Systems While performance issues are not always avoidable, their effects can be mitigated and often avoided by developing a keen understanding their causes and...
- How to Select the Right IoT Platform We are rapidly entering a world where almost everything will be connected to the cloud and managing these connected things and leveraging the...
- Integrated Infrastructure: Simplify Operations, Speed Deployments and Reduce Costs George Weiss, Gartner Vice President and Analyst, and Praveen Akkiraju, CEO of VCE, provide practical information regarding the various aspects of Integrated Infrastructures... All IT Leadership White Papers | Webcasts