Ex-Oracle, SAP exec Wookey to lead 'most' app development at Salesforce.com
Another executive at the cloud application vendor is taking a leave of absence
IDG News Service - Power has shifted within Salesforce.com's development organization, with John Wookey taking on more responsibility at the cloud software vendor as another executive takes a leave of absence, the company confirmed Thursday.
Wookey, a veteran software executive also known for stints at Oracle and SAP, arrived at Salesforce.com last year as executive vice president of social applications.
Salesforce.com Executive Vice President of Applications Alex Dayon "is taking some time off," company spokeswoman Jane Hynes said via email. "John will be taking a leadership role across many of our social apps including the Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Chatter and Rypple."
Dayon is going on a "six-month, very well-earned sabbatical," as have other prominent Salesforce.com executives in recent years, and he will reassume the position he held upon returning, Hynes said.
Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff is a strong proponent of sabbaticals, having written in his book "Behind the Cloud" that one he took was "was one of the most productive periods of my career," Hynes added.
Wookey will be in charge of "most of" Salesforce.com's application development now, but not all, Hynes said. For example, the vendor's Radian6 division will remain under the leadership of Marcel LeBrun, according to Hynes.
Wookey's title will remain the same, Hynes said.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris's e-mail address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- HTTP Status Code Cheat Sheet Look at the Graph, Find the Code and Boom - You're Solving Problems. Identifying and understanding common HTTP status codes can go a...
- 10 Steps to Application and Network Performance Nirvana 10 simple steps that network operations teams can take to ensure that applications and underlying infrastructure can both be tuned for maximum performance.
- Application Performance Management for Dummies Application performance management helps deliver the application performance users and the business demand. Effectively monitoring and troubleshooting application performance issues requires a comprehensive...
- IDC Report: Optimize IT and Business Gains This IDC Whitepaper outlines how CIOs can understand what the "total cost of data" is across their entire organization and how Delphix can...
- Accelerate your innovation with IBM Bluemix™ Join us for a webcast introducing the new IBM BluemixTM. IBM Bluemix (www.bluemix.net) is a developer oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment...
- Maximizing Availability for the Modern Data Center Check out this information-packed resource center for help in maximizing the availability of your data center - from overcoming challenges to choosing the... All App Development White Papers | Webcasts