Ex-Oracle, SAP exec Wookey to lead 'most' app development at Salesforce.com
Another executive at the cloud application vendor is taking a leave of absence
IDG News Service - Power has shifted within Salesforce.com's development organization, with John Wookey taking on more responsibility at the cloud software vendor as another executive takes a leave of absence, the company confirmed Thursday.
Wookey, a veteran software executive also known for stints at Oracle and SAP, arrived at Salesforce.com last year as executive vice president of social applications.
Salesforce.com Executive Vice President of Applications Alex Dayon "is taking some time off," company spokeswoman Jane Hynes said via email. "John will be taking a leadership role across many of our social apps including the Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Chatter and Rypple."
Dayon is going on a "six-month, very well-earned sabbatical," as have other prominent Salesforce.com executives in recent years, and he will reassume the position he held upon returning, Hynes said.
Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff is a strong proponent of sabbaticals, having written in his book "Behind the Cloud" that one he took was "was one of the most productive periods of my career," Hynes added.
Wookey will be in charge of "most of" Salesforce.com's application development now, but not all, Hynes said. For example, the vendor's Radian6 division will remain under the leadership of Marcel LeBrun, according to Hynes.
Wookey's title will remain the same, Hynes said.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris's e-mail address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- Adobe Creative Cloud FAQ The following are answers to common questions about Adobe® Creative Cloud™ for teams membership, purchasing, security, and storage.
- What's coming to Adobe Creative Cloud Editing and video content creation workflows are about to get easier and more exciting, with major updates coming soon to Creative Cloud, bringing...
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All App Development White Papers | Webcasts