Facebook sets IPO share price at $38
Price is at upper end of expected range, company could raise $18.5B
Computerworld - With Facebook's long-anticipated IPO expected to hit on Friday morning, the company set its initial share price at $38 today.
On Tuesday, the company had raised the price range of its shares from $29-to-$34 per share to $34-to-$38 per share. The official opening pricing, which was nailed down after the close of financial markets, is at the highest end of that range, according to an early report from MarketWatch.
The social networking company is offering up about 421 million shares to potential investors. That means the company could raise upwards of $18.5 billion in its IPO.
Since Facebook is easily the largest and most well-known of any social network in the world, Friday's IPO is expected to serve as a harbinger for the business viability and valuation of other companies in the social networking world.
Sharon Gaudin covers the Internet and Web 2.0, emerging technologies, and desktop and laptop chips for Computerworld. Follow Sharon on Twitter at @sgaudin, on Google+ or subscribe to Sharon's RSS feed . Her email address is email@example.com.
Read more about Web Apps in Computerworld's Web Apps Topic Center.
- Simple Solution, Big Capability Meet growing employee and business demands by connecting up to 1,000 users with powerful collaboration capabilities with a single, integrated platform -- Cisco...
- The DDoS Threat Spectrum Bolstered by favorable economics, today's global botnets are using distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks to target firewalls, web services, and applications, often simultaneously.
- Need to Replace MS Threat Management Gateway? Read this article to learn how F5's Secure Web Gateway solution provides a full set of features that can help you successfully migrate...
- The Shortfall of Network Load Balancing Applications running across networks encounter a wide range of performance, security, and availability challenges as IT department strive to deliver fast, secure access...
- Cloud BI in Action: Recorded Webinar of Customer, Kony, Inc. See how Kony, Inc., a leading enterprise mobility company, is using TIBCO Jaspersoft for Amazon Web Services and Redshift to achieve embedded analytics...
- Cloud BI Overview: Jaspersoft for AWS Check out this overview of Jaspersoft for AWS, to easily and affordably build business intelligence solutions as well as embed visualizations and analytics... All Web Apps White Papers | Webcasts