SAP points to consumerisation of enterprise apps to drive growth
SAP's President of Brazil, Luis Cesar Verdi, wants to target the customers of its enterprise customers
Computerworld UK - SAP is planning to target the customers of its enterprise customers in a bid to achieve rapid growth rates over the next three years.
Luis Cesar Verdi, President of SAP Brazil, told Computerworld UK that Brazil currently has 1.5 million end users for its mobile applications, but plans to increase this rapidly to 20 million by 2015.
To achieve this, Verdi plans to target the general public by going through enterprise customers that currently use its ERP systems and mobile applications.
"Our strategy is to first help our clients understand how to use our mobile technology internally within their organisations," he explained.
"However, we intend to extend this and get them to offer our mobile applications and infrastructure to their customers," he added.
Verdi said that this is likely to be specifically within the services sector, for example, in retail, financial services and utilities.
For example, an SAP retail client may decide to user SAP software to create an application that allows its customers to shop on their mobiles, which would allow any data collected to easily tie into their SAP ERP system.
Verdi also said that the same might work for a utility company working on a smart grid project, where it could offer its customers SAP apps to control and monitor power usage on their mobile devices.
SAP would receive additional revenue for every client customer using the application. Verdi said that this could either work on a commission type basis, where for every transaction SAP receives a percentage of the profit, or whereby SAP annually receives a set amount from the enterprise client for every one of its customers that uses the mobile app.
Verdi said that he believes that this new model for SAP could be driven by adoption in Brazil.
"Brazil is no longer a country that waits around to see technology being adopted elsewhere. More and more we have seen companies taking the lead locally," he said.
"We may see that some innovator in Brazil decides to implement what we are talking about here."
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Cybersecurity Imperatives Reinvent Your Network Security With Palo Alto Networks The Rise of CyberSecurity
Red Hat Enterprise Linux - The Original Cloud Operating System
Linux adoption is growing against a number of measures, such as the
number of supercomputers that run Linux and the size of the contributing...
- OpenStack Hype vs. Reality: CIO Quick Pulse Open-source architecture can enable IT departments to build infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) clouds running on standard hardware.
- Building a Bridge to the Next Generation Data Center Selecting a widely adopted operating system is a foundational component of a standardization strategy.
- Live Webcast Best Practices for the Hyperconverged Enterprise Network To the Age of Constant Connectivity and Information overload
- Live Webcast Unmasking the Differences between Consumer and Enterprise File Sync & Share The consumerization of IT combined with the rapid pace of the modern mobile workplace is forcing enterprise IT teams to evaluate file sync...
- Live Webcast Government Agency Webifies Outdated COBOL Applications Let this CTO tell you how his agency converted 1980s-era green screens into an e-filing portal for the 100,000 cases handled each year...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,...
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts