SAP certifies Business All-in-One for Amazon Web Services
The ERP suite for mid-sized companies can run on both Windows and Linux AWS instances
IDG News Service - SAP has certified its Business All-in-One ERP application for cloud-based deployments on Amazon Web Services, the companies announced Friday.
The certification applies to both Windows and Linux-based AWS instances, according to the announcement.
Customers can save up to 69% over a five-year period on areas that AWS has a direct impact on, namely infrastructure and operations costs, compared to running a 100-user Business All-in-One implementation on-premises, according to a research document from German firm VMS, which provides benchmarking and optimization services for SAP systems. The report was released in conjunction with SAP and Amazon's announcement.
While not every company is looking to move their ERP systems to public cloud services like AWS, the option also gives customers a way to quickly create testing and development environments for Business All-in-One.
SAP had already made its Business Objects BI (business intelligence) applications as well as Rapid Deployment Solutions software packages available on AWS.
The vendor is gearing up for its annual Sapphire user conference in Orlando, which begins next week. SAP is expected to lay out a broad-based cloud computing strategy at the show.
Relationships with IaaS (infrastructure as a service) vendors such as Amazon are only part of the puzzle, as SAP also directly offers cloud-based software such as the Business ByDesign ERP suite. It also recently rolled out a multitenant cloud version of its Business One application for smaller companies.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris's e-mail address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- What is this "File Sync" Thing and Why Should I Care About It? All of a sudden, getting a file from your work laptop to your iPad became as simple as clicking "Save." So it's no...
- The Truth About Cloud Security "Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?
- Transform IT: Transform the Enterprise This paper provides IT leaders with insight into three IT imperatives that 24 CIOs and senior IT executives used to reposition IT and...
- Case Study Adopting ITSM Tech to Support ITIL Initiatives CIO Bart Murphy Improves Service Delivery while Lowering Costs by consolidating services across 6 business units.
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer...
- ElectricAccelerator: Dramatically Faster Builds and Test ElectricAccelerator dramatically speeds up builds and test by parallelizing jobs across clusters of physical or cloud CPUs. All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!