SAP certifies Business All-in-One for Amazon Web Services
The ERP suite for mid-sized companies can run on both Windows and Linux AWS instances
IDG News Service - SAP has certified its Business All-in-One ERP application for cloud-based deployments on Amazon Web Services, the companies announced Friday.
The certification applies to both Windows and Linux-based AWS instances, according to the announcement.
Customers can save up to 69% over a five-year period on areas that AWS has a direct impact on, namely infrastructure and operations costs, compared to running a 100-user Business All-in-One implementation on-premises, according to a research document from German firm VMS, which provides benchmarking and optimization services for SAP systems. The report was released in conjunction with SAP and Amazon's announcement.
While not every company is looking to move their ERP systems to public cloud services like AWS, the option also gives customers a way to quickly create testing and development environments for Business All-in-One.
SAP had already made its Business Objects BI (business intelligence) applications as well as Rapid Deployment Solutions software packages available on AWS.
The vendor is gearing up for its annual Sapphire user conference in Orlando, which begins next week. SAP is expected to lay out a broad-based cloud computing strategy at the show.
Relationships with IaaS (infrastructure as a service) vendors such as Amazon are only part of the puzzle, as SAP also directly offers cloud-based software such as the Business ByDesign ERP suite. It also recently rolled out a multitenant cloud version of its Business One application for smaller companies.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris's e-mail address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- Cloud Computing Drives IT and Business Agility Hybrid Cloud Accelerates Time to Value What is the main focus for IT in your organization - cost or agility? Many IT discussions today focus on cost controls rather...
- Journey to the Hybrid Cloud Cloud adoption continues to expand beyond the base of cutting edge early adopters and is now reaching the "early mainstream" stage.
- A Guide to Hybrid Cloud: An Inside Out Approach to Hybrid Cloud Hybrid cloud allows you to augment your internal data center resources, providing a flexible and cost-effective solution for a variety of use cases....
- Software eGuide In this eGuide, InfoWorld and CIO examine some of the nuts and bolts of cloud and virtualization software, and offer some encouraging predictions...
- PST Archiving: What is it and How is it Done? Learn more about what PST data is, the risks relating to it, and how the new PST Archiving feature in the Simpana 10...
- HP DevOps KnowledgeVault This interactive resource focuses on the evolution taking place in the world of software development, specifically the Agile development framework, and the gap... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!