SAP certifies Business All-in-One for Amazon Web Services
The ERP suite for mid-sized companies can run on both Windows and Linux AWS instances
IDG News Service - SAP has certified its Business All-in-One ERP application for cloud-based deployments on Amazon Web Services, the companies announced Friday.
The certification applies to both Windows and Linux-based AWS instances, according to the announcement.
Customers can save up to 69% over a five-year period on areas that AWS has a direct impact on, namely infrastructure and operations costs, compared to running a 100-user Business All-in-One implementation on-premises, according to a research document from German firm VMS, which provides benchmarking and optimization services for SAP systems. The report was released in conjunction with SAP and Amazon's announcement.
While not every company is looking to move their ERP systems to public cloud services like AWS, the option also gives customers a way to quickly create testing and development environments for Business All-in-One.
SAP had already made its Business Objects BI (business intelligence) applications as well as Rapid Deployment Solutions software packages available on AWS.
The vendor is gearing up for its annual Sapphire user conference in Orlando, which begins next week. SAP is expected to lay out a broad-based cloud computing strategy at the show.
Relationships with IaaS (infrastructure as a service) vendors such as Amazon are only part of the puzzle, as SAP also directly offers cloud-based software such as the Business ByDesign ERP suite. It also recently rolled out a multitenant cloud version of its Business One application for smaller companies.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris's e-mail address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- Trends in Pop-up Retail: Innovative Merchandising Driven by Flexible, Dependable Mobile Connectivity This paper outlines the challenges and obstacles to successful implementation, and discusses existing, rapid-deployment solutions for connecting pop-up locations with mission-critical retail applications...
- Evaluating File Sync and Share Solutions: 12 Questions to Ask about Security File sync and share can increase productivity, but how do you pick a solution that works for you? Download to learn some important...
- What is this "File Sync" Thing and Why Should I Care About It? All of a sudden, getting a file from your work laptop to your iPad became as simple as clicking "Save." So it's no...
- The Truth About Cloud Security "Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?
- IBM Global SaaS Study Video This video introduces the IBM Global SaaS study conducted by the Center for Applied Insights. The study reveals how companies are using Software...
- Brunswick Moves Messaging and Collaboration to the IBM cloud Gerry Orten, Jr, Electronic Messaging Manager at Brunswick talks about why Brunswick moved to the IBM cloud. All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts