Twitter acquires email marketer RestEngine
Twitter continues to buy companies that can help boost revenue
IDG News Service - Twitter has acquired RestEngine, a two-and-half-year-old company that has helped social app publishers send emails based on a user's social graph, RestEngine said on Thursday.
The company will now apply its email skills and marketing automation know-how on a much larger scale at Twitter, it said in a note on its website.
Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed, and Twitter hasn't offered any insight into what its plan is for RestEngine. But like all other Web companies Twitter has to find new ways to make money from users if it wants to continue to flourish.
RestEngine's platform allows Twitter to segment, target and filter its users based on social, marketing and transactional activities via email. The platform can also be used to re-engage with users that are losing interest, according to RestEngine's website.
The acquisition of RestEngine isn't the first deal Twitter has made in 2012.
In April, the company acquired Hotspots.io, a social media analytics company that will focus on developing analytics tools for the company's advertising and publishing partners.
Also, earlier this year it also bought Summify, which provides users with a summary of the most relevant news from their social networks, and delivers it via email, web or mobile.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Client Management Tools The client management tool market is maturing and evolving to adapt to consumerization, desktop virtualization, and an ongoing need to improve efficiency.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All Desktop Apps White Papers | Webcasts