Twitter acquires email marketer RestEngine
Twitter continues to buy companies that can help boost revenue
IDG News Service - Twitter has acquired RestEngine, a two-and-half-year-old company that has helped social app publishers send emails based on a user's social graph, RestEngine said on Thursday.
The company will now apply its email skills and marketing automation know-how on a much larger scale at Twitter, it said in a note on its website.
Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed, and Twitter hasn't offered any insight into what its plan is for RestEngine. But like all other Web companies Twitter has to find new ways to make money from users if it wants to continue to flourish.
RestEngine's platform allows Twitter to segment, target and filter its users based on social, marketing and transactional activities via email. The platform can also be used to re-engage with users that are losing interest, according to RestEngine's website.
The acquisition of RestEngine isn't the first deal Twitter has made in 2012.
In April, the company acquired Hotspots.io, a social media analytics company that will focus on developing analytics tools for the company's advertising and publishing partners.
Also, earlier this year it also bought Summify, which provides users with a summary of the most relevant news from their social networks, and delivers it via email, web or mobile.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- HTTP Status Code Cheat Sheet Look at the Graph, Find the Code and Boom - You're Solving Problems. Identifying and understanding common HTTP status codes can go a...
- Architects lead the next generation of data-driven applications Read this whitepaper to find out how application architects can quickly and confidently deliver long-lasting applications that minimize cost, complexity, and risk while...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All Desktop Apps White Papers | Webcasts