HTC Droid Incredible coming to Verizon 4G LTE
Verizon will start selling the dual-core, 4-in. HTC smartphone in U.S. 'in the coming weeks'
Computerworld - HTC and Verizon Wireless on Monday announced that the Droid Incredible 4G LTE smartphone will go on sale "in the coming weeks."
The device runs Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, and includes a 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor. It also features a 4-in. LCD quarter high definition display, two cameras (with 8 megapixels in the rear-facing camera) and a 1,700 mAh removable battery.
Pricing for the Droid Incredible 4G LTE wasn't disclosed.
U.S. carriers have announced a slate of new LTE-based phones in recent weeks. The new Droid Incredible is below the top end in terms of new features for phones that cost $200 to $300, plus a two-year service contract.
By comparison, the Samsung Galaxy S III, announced May 3, will come with LTE and HSPA+ support when shipped by an unnamed carrier in the U.S. this summer.
The Samsung device features a 4.8-in. HD Super Amoled display at 1280 x 720 pixels, a 1.4 GHz quad core chip based on ARM Cortex A9 and a 2,100 mAh battery.
HTC emphasized the Incredible's high quality photo and audio capabilities, but the phone's entire spec sheet is still unavailable.
Among the disclosed features are Beats Audio sound, with a fuller range of bass, midrange and high sounds. An 8-megapixel camera comes with a quick activation feature, and HTC Video Pic for shooting video and capturing still photos at the same time.
HTC also said it will sell the HTC One V smartphone this summer, and said it will be available through a variety of U.S. partners, but didn't disclose a price for the device.
The HTC One V runs Android 4.0, but is on the smaller side for today's newest smartphones with a 3.7-in. Screen, a Qualcomm Sanpdragon S3 I GHz single core processor and a 1,500 mAh battery.It comes with a single 5-megapixel camera.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen, or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed . His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Mobile/Wireless in Computerworld's Mobile/Wireless Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Separating Work and Personal at the Platform Level: How BlackBerry Balance Works BlackBerry® Balance™ separates work from personal on the same mobile device, right at a platform level. Find out how it can work for...
- Protection for Every Enterprise: How BlackBerry Security Works Get an IT-level review of BlackBerry® Security, addressing data leakage protection, certified encryption, containerization and much more.
- Future Focus: What's Coming in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Find out why Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions that are truly future-ready must be designed to enable Machine-to-Machine (M2M) capabilities and much more.
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Unmasking the Differences between Consumer and Enterprise File Sync & Share The consumerization of IT combined with the rapid pace of the modern mobile workplace is forcing enterprise IT teams to evaluate file sync...
- Live Webcast Workforce Mobilization for Improved Productivity A mobility research director from Aberdeen discusses reasons for extending legacy applications to mobile devices, and an integration strategist from Attachmate shows how...
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the...
- Containerization Options: How to Choose the Best DLP Solution for Your Organization This webcast outlines a framework for making the right choice when it comes to containerization approaches, along with the pros and cons of... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts