Facebook's valuation for IPO will be lower than initially expected
Facebook filing shows company aiming for $28 to $35 a share
IDG News Service - Facebook's value after its initial public offering will be less than had been widely rumored, according to a company filing submitted after the markets closed on Thursday.
Facebook is aiming to initially price shares between $28 and $35, according to the filing. The pricing suggests an overall value of the company ranging between $60 billion and $75 billion, rather than the $100 billion that had been rumored.
Even with the lower valuation, Facebook is on track to file the largest Internet initial public offering ever. The company is expected to file the IPO this month.
If the shares sell for the midpoint price, the company will raise $10.6 billion with the stock offering.
Facebook will embark on its pre-IPO road show next week, sending executives around the country to make their pitch to investment firms, the Wall Street Journal reported. Barring any problems, the Facebook shares are expected to begin trading on May 18.
In April, Facebook released its financial information for the first quarter of 2012, showing its profits were down 12% compared to the first quarter of 2011.
However, the company's user base continues to grow. As of March 31, it had more than 900 million monthly active users, Facebook said.
- Aberdeen Group: Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer Insights There are no recalls for poor marketing. Manufacturers need to get their customer intelligence and messaging right the first time. Learn how.
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
- Datacenter eGuide Read on to learn what technologies are essential for high-performing data centers today, and to get a glimpse of what the data center...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All IT Industry White Papers | Webcasts