Salesforce.com acquires collaboration tool company Stypi
Stypi's realtime editor allows multiple users to make changes to a document at the same time
IDG News Service - Salesforce.com said Tuesday it had acquired real-time online collaboration platform company Stypi.
The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Earlier, Stypi's founders Jason Chen and Byron Milligan wrote in a blog post that the startup in Palo Alto, Calif., had joined Salesforce.com. "We've found that they share our vision for collaboration and all of its possibilities and together we'll be able to create even more amazing collaboration solutions," the founders said.
Stypi is described as a real-time editor that allows multiple users to make changes to a single document at the same time, by sharing the URL to the document. Users collaborate with others online to do a variety of things, including editing source code and tweaking website copy, the company said.
The service will continue to be available to Stypi users even after the acquisition by Salesforce.com, the founders said.
It is not clear whether Salesforce.com acquired Stypi for its staff or to integrate the technology with some of its own social collaboration technologies. A Salesforce.com spokeswoman confirmed the acquisition via email, but said the company is not providing any further details.
The cloud computing company announced in March two new products, Salesforce Rypple and Salesforce Site.com, with a focus on social technologies and collaboration in the enterprise. The result of an acquisition, Salesforce Rypple, is said to replace the traditional staff performance review with a social and collaborative approach.
- Warning: Cloud Data at Risk Experts agree that relying on SaaS vendors to backup and restore your data is dangerous. Yet that's exactly what huge portions of the...
- The Opportunities and Challenges of the Cloud In this report F5 poses questions to IDC analysts, Sally Hudson and Phil Hochmuth, on behalf of F5's customers to better understand the...
- 5 Hybrid Cloud Starting Points Did you know that more than 50% of organizations are already using or planning a move to hybrid cloud?
- Cloud Computing Drives IT and Business Agility Hybrid Cloud Accelerates Time to Value What is the main focus for IT in your organization - cost or agility? Many IT discussions today focus on cost controls rather...
- DevOps with PureApplication System: Reduce cost and speed delivery with an integrated IBM Cloud solution Join this webcast to hear what ING Netherlands has been able to achieve while deploying DevOps tools from IBM Rational. An ING executive...
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!