Salesforce.com acquires collaboration tool company Stypi
Stypi's realtime editor allows multiple users to make changes to a document at the same time
IDG News Service - Salesforce.com said Tuesday it had acquired real-time online collaboration platform company Stypi.
The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Earlier, Stypi's founders Jason Chen and Byron Milligan wrote in a blog post that the startup in Palo Alto, Calif., had joined Salesforce.com. "We've found that they share our vision for collaboration and all of its possibilities and together we'll be able to create even more amazing collaboration solutions," the founders said.
Stypi is described as a real-time editor that allows multiple users to make changes to a single document at the same time, by sharing the URL to the document. Users collaborate with others online to do a variety of things, including editing source code and tweaking website copy, the company said.
The service will continue to be available to Stypi users even after the acquisition by Salesforce.com, the founders said.
It is not clear whether Salesforce.com acquired Stypi for its staff or to integrate the technology with some of its own social collaboration technologies. A Salesforce.com spokeswoman confirmed the acquisition via email, but said the company is not providing any further details.
The cloud computing company announced in March two new products, Salesforce Rypple and Salesforce Site.com, with a focus on social technologies and collaboration in the enterprise. The result of an acquisition, Salesforce Rypple, is said to replace the traditional staff performance review with a social and collaborative approach.
- Trends in Pop-up Retail: Innovative Merchandising Driven by Flexible, Dependable Mobile Connectivity This paper outlines the challenges and obstacles to successful implementation, and discusses existing, rapid-deployment solutions for connecting pop-up locations with mission-critical retail applications...
- Evaluating File Sync and Share Solutions: 12 Questions to Ask about Security File sync and share can increase productivity, but how do you pick a solution that works for you? Download to learn some important...
- What is this "File Sync" Thing and Why Should I Care About It? All of a sudden, getting a file from your work laptop to your iPad became as simple as clicking "Save." So it's no...
- The Truth About Cloud Security "Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?
- IBM Global SaaS Study Video This video introduces the IBM Global SaaS study conducted by the Center for Applied Insights. The study reveals how companies are using Software...
- Brunswick Moves Messaging and Collaboration to the IBM cloud Gerry Orten, Jr, Electronic Messaging Manager at Brunswick talks about why Brunswick moved to the IBM cloud. All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts