CIO - The fact that your employees -- not to mention your CEO -- are bringing their own devices to work is well-known. Now the question is, how can your IT department approach this BYOD phenomenon?
Today's IT shops are struggling to find their way through the nebulous territory that lies between their natural control-freak tendencies and their new goal of giving employees the freedom to use personal smartphones and tablets for work. That's why the editors of CIO magazine and CIO.com have produced this Digital Spotlight on BYOD: to help you navigate between those two poles.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All Netbooks White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!