Amazon Web Services eases private cloud creation
CloudFormation templates let IT developers create isolated cloud resources, Amazon says
IDG News Service - Amazon Web Services has made it possible to create private clouds using CloudFormation, which automatically creates stacks of resources described using templates, the company said on Wednesday.
Users can now create and populate an entire Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) using a single CloudFormation template, according to Amazon.
The VPC service has been around for a couple of years, and allows users to create an isolated section of Amazon's cloud where they can launch resources in a virtual network defined by themselves, including public subnets, private subnets, and hardware VPN access.
With CloudFormation, users don't have to figure out the order in which AWS services need to be provisioned or how to make dependencies between them work, according to Amazon.
To help developers and systems administrators get going, Amazon has created two sample templates to show how they are constructed. The first template creates a VPC with a single EC2 instance, and the second rolls out a VPC with public and private subnets, an Elastic Load Balancer, and an EC2 instance, according to a blog post on the new capability.
There is no additional charge for using CloudFormation or Virtual Private Cloud. Companies that create a hardware VPN connection to their VPC using a VPN gateway, are charged 5 cents per hour it is provisioned and available, according to Amazon.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Transform Service and Agility with Private Cloud Data Centers Crédit Agricole is the biggest retail bank in France and one of the largest financial services groups in Europe. Learn about the IT...
- Seeding Clouds on Power Systems with IBM SmartCloud Entry Although many organizations recognize the benefits of private clouds, they may need to progress gradually to sophisticated cloud deployments.
- Mobile Policy Checklist Here's what to consider when putting together a mobile policy designed to support a highly productive workforce.
- Mobile Applications Case Study: 8 Billion Transactions a Day The story documents how the online brokerage company tradeMONSTER created a custom mobile app and the success gleaned from this initiative. Also covered...
- Mobile Apps and Devices Slash Customer Cycle Time Consolidated Engineering Laboratories' field employees used to collect data on triplicate forms that were sometimes hard to read and difficult to manage. After...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources... All Private Cloud White Papers | Webcasts