Amazon Web Services eases private cloud creation
CloudFormation templates let IT developers create isolated cloud resources, Amazon says
IDG News Service - Amazon Web Services has made it possible to create private clouds using CloudFormation, which automatically creates stacks of resources described using templates, the company said on Wednesday.
Users can now create and populate an entire Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) using a single CloudFormation template, according to Amazon.
The VPC service has been around for a couple of years, and allows users to create an isolated section of Amazon's cloud where they can launch resources in a virtual network defined by themselves, including public subnets, private subnets, and hardware VPN access.
With CloudFormation, users don't have to figure out the order in which AWS services need to be provisioned or how to make dependencies between them work, according to Amazon.
To help developers and systems administrators get going, Amazon has created two sample templates to show how they are constructed. The first template creates a VPC with a single EC2 instance, and the second rolls out a VPC with public and private subnets, an Elastic Load Balancer, and an EC2 instance, according to a blog post on the new capability.
There is no additional charge for using CloudFormation or Virtual Private Cloud. Companies that create a hardware VPN connection to their VPC using a VPN gateway, are charged 5 cents per hour it is provisioned and available, according to Amazon.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- Edison Group - Economic Advantages of SmartCloud Entry for Power Systems This white paper provides an assessment of the business value of implementing IBM SmartCloud Entry for Power Systems versus comparable private cloud solutions...
- Clipper: Moving to a Private Cloud? Infrastructure Really Matters! This Clipper Group paper outlines the importance of the underlying IT infrastructure for private cloud environments and lays the groundwork for clients navigating...
- Transform Service and Agility with Private Cloud Data Centers Crédit Agricole is the biggest retail bank in France and one of the largest financial services groups in Europe. Learn about the IT...
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All Private Cloud White Papers | Webcasts