Network World - Next-generation firewalls claim to identify application-layer attacks and enforce application-specific policies while delivering top-notch performance, even with advanced security features turned on.
In the first installment of this two-part Clear Choice test, we tackle the performance issue, evaluating NGFWs from Barracuda, Check Point, Fortinet and SonicWall (recently acquired by Dell). On May 7, we'll present Joel Snyder's analysis of the features and functionality of these same devices.
Our overall conclusion is that next-gen firewalls are getting faster, and the tradeoff between speed and security is definitely getting smaller, but it's still there.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Adding WOW to the WAN WAN optimization techniques tweak bandwidth for better network performance and more.
- The High-Performance WAN Find out what are some of the top problems associated with large WANs and the technologies typically used to solve them.
- 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant Report For the 7th year in a row, Riverbed is in the "Leaders" Quadrant of the 2014 Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization Controllers. In...
- Four Little-Known Ways WAN Optimization Can Benefit Your Organization Read this white paper to learn how far WAN optimization has come, and how to make this most of your investments by using...
- It's not too late...Get Your Mobile Questions Answered Live! How can IT provide seamless and secure mobile communications and collaboration for all? Join this live Webcast as IDG asks an expert panel...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success! All LAN/WAN White Papers | Webcasts