Craigslist may be headed for a makeover
After years of 'same old, same old,' Craigslist seeks to hire engineers to upgrade the site
Computerworld - Craigslist hasn't changed its look much over the past several years.
In fact, the Craigslist site of 10 or 12 years ago pretty much looks just like it does today. The online classified ad site hasn't seen the major redesigns, feature adds and makeovers like those that have riled up Facebook's users time and again in recent years.
But that trend may be about to change.
Craigslist posted an ad on its own site late last week, looking to hire a "hands-on" senior user interface engineer, along with a front-end and usability engineers.
According to the ad, Craigslist is looking for the new hires to make a host of site improvements by upgrading the user experience and making it "faster, friendlier and easier" to use.
The engineers will also be tasked with developing new products and features "that will have users [of the site] swooning," while integrating new front-end technologies.
While salaries for the engineer jobs weren't included in the advertisement, the ad did say that job candidates could expect "love from users and staff."
Sharon Gaudin covers the Internet and Web 2.0, emerging technologies, and desktop and laptop chips for Computerworld. Follow Sharon on Twitter at @sgaudin, or subscribe to Sharon's RSS feed . Her e-mail address is email@example.com.
Read more about App Development in Computerworld's App Development Topic Center.
- DevOps meets ALM in the Cloud - Cloud DevOps PaaS To improve software delivery performance and effectiveness, teams need automation, governance, architecture best practices, and increased team collaboration. Find out more.
- Coding with JRebel: Java Forever Changed With JRebel, developers get to see their code changes immediately, fine-tune their code with incremental changes, debug, explore and deploy their code with...
- What Developers Want: The End of Application Redeploys Eliminate application restarts in Java with JRebel! JRebel is a JVM plugin that eliminates application redeploys from the Java development cycle, a process...
- How a German energy company saved 1 day per week of development time with JRebel Check out the following case study to see how Heliocentris, a global energy supply and efficiency company deployed a development solution that was...
- Leveraging Flash Storage to Accelerate Oracle Real Application Clusters Join this webinar to understand the latest solid-state storage trends, the specific applications driving solid-state storage deployments and the benefits of deploying the...
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to... All App Development White Papers | Webcasts