Craigslist may be headed for a makeover
After years of 'same old, same old,' Craigslist seeks to hire engineers to upgrade the site
Computerworld - Craigslist hasn't changed its look much over the past several years.
In fact, the Craigslist site of 10 or 12 years ago pretty much looks just like it does today. The online classified ad site hasn't seen the major redesigns, feature adds and makeovers like those that have riled up Facebook's users time and again in recent years.
But that trend may be about to change.
Craigslist posted an ad on its own site late last week, looking to hire a "hands-on" senior user interface engineer, along with a front-end and usability engineers.
According to the ad, Craigslist is looking for the new hires to make a host of site improvements by upgrading the user experience and making it "faster, friendlier and easier" to use.
The engineers will also be tasked with developing new products and features "that will have users [of the site] swooning," while integrating new front-end technologies.
While salaries for the engineer jobs weren't included in the advertisement, the ad did say that job candidates could expect "love from users and staff."
Sharon Gaudin covers the Internet and Web 2.0, emerging technologies, and desktop and laptop chips for Computerworld. Follow Sharon on Twitter at @sgaudin, or subscribe to Sharon's RSS feed . Her e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about App Development in Computerworld's App Development Topic Center.
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- Adobe Creative Cloud FAQ The following are answers to common questions about Adobe® Creative Cloud™ for teams membership, purchasing, security, and storage.
- What's coming to Adobe Creative Cloud Editing and video content creation workflows are about to get easier and more exciting, with major updates coming soon to Creative Cloud, bringing...
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All App Development White Papers | Webcasts