Amazon lays groundwork for AWS Partner Network
Technology and consulting partners are both welcome, according to Amazon Web Services
IDG News Service - Amazon Web Services has announced a public beta of the new AWS Partner Network (APN), a global program that aims to boost the cloud-based businesses of partners with the help of sales and marketing support, the company said in a blog post on Tuesday.
Membership is available for both technology partners -- including ISVs, SaaS providers and platform providers -- as well as consulting partners.
They can choose between three tiers: registered, standard and advanced. The latter two will include benefits such as service and support credits worth $2,000, and inclusion in a new AWS Partner Directory, according to Amazon.
Technology partners that wish to qualify for the standard or advanced tiers must have at least one product hosted on AWS. Consulting partners are required to have a minimum number of AWS-trained employees, which are two for standard and five for advanced.
Standard and advanced partners must also drive a minimal level of billings on AWS, and have a minimum number of customer references, according to an FAQ.
Although APN will not be fully activated until later this year, Amazon is encouraging all existing partners to pre-qualify for the standard and advanced tiers using the APN Upgrade Form as soon as possible.
The program will go live later this year, according to Amazon.
Speaking of partners, some of the companies that already work with Amazon are joining the company for the AWS Summit 2012 on Thursday in New York, which will also be streamed on the Web.
Visitors to the event can also listen to a keynote from Amazon CTO Werner Vogels, and also learn about providing certainty about the charges, besides lowering the monthly bill from AWS.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud Service Modern organizations are under intense pressure to provide accurate, reliable, and speedy financial information to business decision-makers. Furthermore, complying with global standards has...
- Cloud for Business Managers in Midsize Organizations: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly Read this independent research report to learn how business managers around the world are using Cloud applications.
- Cloud Computing eGuide In this eGuide, CIO, Computerworld, and InfoWorld offer advice, tips, news, and predictions regarding cloud implementations in the coming year and beyond. Read...
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts