Amazon lays groundwork for AWS Partner Network
Technology and consulting partners are both welcome, according to Amazon Web Services
IDG News Service - Amazon Web Services has announced a public beta of the new AWS Partner Network (APN), a global program that aims to boost the cloud-based businesses of partners with the help of sales and marketing support, the company said in a blog post on Tuesday.
Membership is available for both technology partners -- including ISVs, SaaS providers and platform providers -- as well as consulting partners.
They can choose between three tiers: registered, standard and advanced. The latter two will include benefits such as service and support credits worth $2,000, and inclusion in a new AWS Partner Directory, according to Amazon.
Technology partners that wish to qualify for the standard or advanced tiers must have at least one product hosted on AWS. Consulting partners are required to have a minimum number of AWS-trained employees, which are two for standard and five for advanced.
Standard and advanced partners must also drive a minimal level of billings on AWS, and have a minimum number of customer references, according to an FAQ.
Although APN will not be fully activated until later this year, Amazon is encouraging all existing partners to pre-qualify for the standard and advanced tiers using the APN Upgrade Form as soon as possible.
The program will go live later this year, according to Amazon.
Speaking of partners, some of the companies that already work with Amazon are joining the company for the AWS Summit 2012 on Thursday in New York, which will also be streamed on the Web.
Visitors to the event can also listen to a keynote from Amazon CTO Werner Vogels, and also learn about providing certainty about the charges, besides lowering the monthly bill from AWS.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trends Shaping Software Management: 2014 Most IT executives recognize the relationship between mobile computing and worker productivity, and have long issued notebook computers and other mobile devices to...
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- REST easy: API Design, Evolution and Connection RESTful design increases API performance, reduces development effort, and minimizes operational support burden. By following a few best practices and selecting RESTful tooling,...
- DevOps meets ALM in the Cloud - Cloud DevOps PaaS To improve software delivery performance and effectiveness, teams need automation, governance, architecture best practices, and increased team collaboration. Find out more.
- ElectricAccelerator: Dramatically Faster Builds and Test ElectricAccelerator dramatically speeds up builds and test by parallelizing jobs across clusters of physical or cloud CPUs.
- Electric Cloud: Your AnthillPro Alternative Many organizations have become leery about AnthillPro since its acquisition by IBM. In this webinar, learn why ElectricCommander is an excellent alternative to... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!