Twitter acquires team at analytics firm Hotspots.io
The staff at Hotspots.io will join the revenue engineering team at Twitter
IDG News Service - Twitter has acquired the team at Hotspots.io, a social media analytics company, according to a notice on the Hotspots.io website.
Starting Monday, the team at Hotspots.io joined Twitter's revenue engineering team to focus on developing analytics tools for the company's advertising and publishing partners, the notice said.
The acquisition by Twitter of Hotspots.io is in line with a number of acquisitions by tech companies which appear to be designed to mainly hire the teams working at small startups.
Facebook for example acquired last month the team at webcam eye-tracking startup GazeHawk, but not its product and technology. It also acquired the team behind file-transfer startup Caffeinated Mind, which offered an on-demand peer-to-peer file sharing system, and planned to wind down the service. Facebook said the staff from Caffeinated Mind would work on tools that will help its employees share files internally.
"We founded Hotspots.io with the vision of helping companies and individuals maximize their social media ROI (return on investment) through actionable and accessible analytics, and we're thrilled to be able to continue that work on a much larger scale at Twitter," the notice on the Hotspots.io website said.
The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. Twitter and Hotspots.io did not immediately respond to requests for information on whether the entire company had been acquired as part of the deal.
- Six Ways Your Small Business Can Save with Internet Phone Service Traditional phone systems present two main problems for businesses: limited features and high costs. As a result, small businesses are migrating to Internet...
- Face Time Anytime Real-time communications facilitates team collaboration from nearly anywhere in the world. With facts and figures you can use to justify an investment
- Now is the time to implement a video conference solution Video conferencing is getting a lot of buzz lately due to the recent cost decrease, making it tangible for many law firms. It's...
- Video drives engagement Achieving maximum results means building a solid platform and network infrastructure. As digital age unfolds, it's clear that the ability to communicate effectively...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All Web Apps White Papers | Webcasts