Software AG buys messaging company my-Channels
My-Channels messaging platform Nirvana will be intregrated with the webMethods suite at the end of the year
IDG News Service - Software AG said Monday that it has acquired U.K. middleware company my-Channels, which develops low-latency messaging software that will be used to extend Software AG's current offerings.
The German company didn't release any financial details, only saying that the purchase price was in the "low double digits of million euros."
What Software AG is after is my-Channels' Nirvana platform, a message-orientated middleware product that allows data to be sent between any combination of internal and external systems or clients, according to a statement from Software AG. The product is capable of streaming hundreds of thousands of messages to many thousands of clients within micro seconds, it said.
The platform is compatible with enterprise messaging standards such as JMS (Java Message Service), MQTT (Message Queue Telemetry Transport) and HTML5/webSockets.
Nirvana is, for example, a good fit for next-generation cloud, mobile, social and big data applications, according to Software AG.
On the product side, Software AG plans to certify interoperability of my-Channels Nirvana with the webMethods suite to coincide with the release of Nirvana 7 during the second quarter.
The first integrated release is targeted for the fourth quarter of 2012, which will give its enterprise users a choice of messaging options within their webMethods implementations, Software AG said.
Software AG will continue to invest in my-Channels platform, according to a FAQ about the deal. Software AG's current messaging platform -- webMethods Broker -- will also continue to be developed and supported as the built-in enterprise messaging technology for the webMethods suite, it said.
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- Using Continuous Delivery to Improve Software Delivery Learn more about the challenges impacting organizations and how continuous delivery processes can be a key success factor in accelerating software delivery.
- Global Bank Improves Quality of Application Development Read how this financial institution centralized build assets, cut development time in half and added additional security controls.
- HTTP Status Code Cheat Sheet Look at the Graph, Find the Code and Boom - You're Solving Problems. Identifying and understanding common HTTP status codes can go a...
- Cloud BI in Action: Recorded Webinar of Customer, Kony, Inc. See how Kony, Inc., a leading enterprise mobility company, is using TIBCO Jaspersoft for Amazon Web Services and Redshift to achieve embedded analytics...
- Cloud BI Overview: Jaspersoft for AWS Check out this overview of Jaspersoft for AWS, to easily and affordably build business intelligence solutions as well as embed visualizations and analytics... All App Development White Papers | Webcasts